AC Advanced Academy Great Success - Next Round February 12th

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Advanced Driving Academy .jpg

The brand new Advanced Driving Academy proved to be a great success, check out the testimonials from some of the participants ahead of the second session this February 12th...

We at RaceDepartment are always looking to find new ways to help people get the most from their sim racing experience, and born from experience and the hope of adding some support and value to the fantastic sim racing community here at RD, our Assetto Corsa staff team of @Brewer and @Bobby Pennington took it upon their shoulders to develop the Assetto Corsa Advanced Driving Academy - aiming to support and guide a group of sim racers to become better, faster and more consistent racers and maximise their Assetto Corsa experience.

Now that the opening session has been completed, we thought it might be nice to share just a little of the feedback received that day, in the hope that more sim racers will come along and take their virtual racing experience to the next level...

So was the first session popular then?
Yes! Read some of the comments from a selection of our participants who took part in the January 29th Advance Academy sessions:

@Buster
"Many thanks to you both, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. As you are aware I already do enter some online racing here @RD, but you can never stop learning. I know there are some within our hobby, that just have pure natural talent, but there are many, like myself, that do not and have to work hard, very hard. It is Academy's like this, that makes your learning curve so much easier, it is nice to be told that you are indeed doing things right, but just keep doing them, or maybe told, "well there is a better way" ...

The Academy started out by pointing out several important features within the sim/game itself, yes you may already know them, but very helpful if you did not. It then went onto to speak about "Team speak" ..the do's and do not's, how to set it up, I know a lot of new drivers worry about using "Teamspeak" and it alone does stop some nervous drivers from even entering a club race. We were then talking about driving lines and learning the track, some very helpful information was spoken about. We all then had a few laps with each other around the track, on the default setup, this was fun, we of course was watched by both Bobby and Jeremy and advice was given when needed. It was then back to the pits and shown how we can change/improve on the default setup, this was the part, that I was personally most interested in. We spent sometime talking about how to change the setup of your car and what the results may well be in making these changes. After we had made several changes we were allowed back out onto the track to test the car. The Academy finished in us all having a short fun race and yes, everyone of us posted better lap times, that what we had done at the start, some of us even broke our previous personal best lap times, by as much as 3 seconds.

Will I be able to keep up with JB or BP in Friday nights race here @RD ..no maybe not, but this Academy, has for sure brought me one step closer".

@rockracer
This academy was so fantastic , we learned a lot .
I never before drove my racecar so fine balanced thx to your tips .
Due to the very good and absolute precise explications from Bobby and Jeremy , I learned to understand what happens with the car and how much more comfortable the car is drivable , by changing small things to a better setup.

You made an amazing job by teaching us .

Great thx for everything.

Nearby : Tip to all drivers who need help from the pros in well balancing the race car etc , i just can recommend to sign up for a such a good an interesting academy.

@Lum
This was a fantastic experience with two fantastic drivers and teachers.

Will more events be added?
Yes! We will run these Advanced Academy sessions on a bi weekly basis, beginning Monday 29th January and running throughout the year. This is a wonderful opportunity to find your hidden Senna supported by experienced and accomplished tutors in a environment conductive to learning and having fun. Will it make you an alien? No. Will it help you get more from your Assetto Corsa experience and bring yourself closer, faster, to your ultimate potential? Yes we honestly think it will. Head over, get involved and see if you can unlock those missing ingredients that are vital to enriching your online racing experience here at RaceDepartment.com..

When is the next session scheduled?
Monday 12th February for both US and EU time zones. Check the Assetto Corsa Racing Club sub forum to sign up nearer the time...

We love sim racing here at RaceDepartment, it is a passion that burns deep within the very soul of each and every member of our dedicated staff here at the site. We want to share and spread that passion, we want each and every member of our outstanding community to have the opportunity to experience our chosen hobby in the best way we know how, based on over 12 years of experience as a dedicated sim racing website and community. We feel one of the best ways to experience the full spectrum of pleasure available from sim racing is to compete with your fellow man online, virtual machine vs virtual machine. To facilitate this experience we offer a range of high quality organised race events, from races for the less experienced to those looking for a bigger challenge, we have you covered!

Check out the full list of Assetto Corsa race events we have available to join in our Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum. Updated daily!

Love sim racing? We do too!

Last edited:
Hi Paul,

You will have to book a place on the appropriate academy thread once it goes live in the AC Racing Club sub forum. Usually go up 7 days prior to the event, just register like you would for a normal club race :)

Thanks man

(the other) Paul
Ok great, but I thought that was what I had done? How do I register and where? The other guys before me on this page just asked if they’re in , and then got told that they’re in, and that was that? How will I know when it goes live? and is it a gamble if I get in? What time will it go live? Or do I watch this page all day patiently waiting for it to say something? Because I know that as soon as I go to the bathroom or get something to eat I will miss it, or i’ll be patiently watching the wrong page and will never know? lol. I was so pleased with myself because I got within the first 12 people on the previous list, now I have to wait again? Please help? Because I’m a bit of a noob with computers and need all the help I can get with racing. I am in a league most Tuesdays and Thursdays and would love to suprise all the other guys by not being last, at least once.
Yours hopefully Paul Weatherley

Last edited:
Ok great, but I thought that was what I had done? The other guys before me on this page just asked if they’re in , and then got told that they’re in, and that was that?

Hi Paul ..I see you have got your name down for the next one :thumbsup: ...you will get confirmation and your name on the list as soon as a staff member updates the page, they are busy people. But don't worry eh, look at the last person on the said list, who took the number 5 slot, then there are another 3 posts before yours, so that will take care of the 6 slot, 7 slot and 8 slot ...so when a staff member updates you will get slot 9 :D ...good luck, I am sure you will have fun and learn plenty :D

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing