AC 289 Sports

Cars AC 289 Sports 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nice looking mod, haven't had chance to drive it yet.

I notice you have data.acd and data folders for both versions. The data.acd takes priority over the data folder, so for your recent update to take effect people will need to delete the data.acd file.

Also with regard to torque and hp, https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1967/254915/ac_289_sports.html suggests the following:
Horsepower gross: 202 kW / 275 PS / 271 hp (SAE gross) / 6000 rpm
Torque gross: 423 Nm / 312 ft-lb / 3400 rpm (presumably at the crank).

I hope that's helpful.
Yes, it is helpful. I should have done deleted the .acd file. Coming soon.Thank you for your comment.---OldRebel

For the power curve, the best place to start is probably googling something like "289 xxxHP dyno" (where "xxx" is your target power) to find yourself a real-world, representative power curve. Odds are you'll find something pretty close. I usually do.

For putting it into AC, this is a useful tool: https://acstuff.ru/u/torque-helper/

Bear in mind that the numbers in power.lut are torque, at the wheels, in nm - so you may have to do metric/imperial conversions which are easy at sites like this: https://www.convertunits.com/from/lb-ft/to/N-m

As the dyno chart you'll find will probably be taken from a chassis dyno, the numbers will already be at the wheels and you may not have to factor in driveline losses. If you do that's easy enough using the tool linked above.
Wow! Thank you for such an informative and helpful comment. That is really break-through information for me! Very much appreciated!....OldRebel..:thumbsup:

Old Rebel,

Is this similar to your other 289 which was at v1.3? Using the Shelby name versus the AC brand here? I am confused what I am supposed to do with the files. Look forward to your updates.

MaTriX

Old Rebel,

Is this similar to your other 289 which was at v1.3? Using the Shelby name versus the AC brand here? I am confused what I am supposed to do with the files. Look forward to your updates.

MaTriX
Hi MaTriX. Thank you for your interest. Yes, it is very similar to the Cobra 289 mod but there was never a Cobra made with the 289 on the newer MkIII chassis that had the coil spring suspension and newer frame. There was, however, an AC branded car that had this combination and that is what this car is meant to represent. I had to put out an update right away after uploading this mod because of a mistake in not updating the .acd file after modifying the data for the 'stock' model. The data folder in the update is meant to replace the data file in the folder for the STOCK AC 289 Sports only. Not the Trackday car. The ui file uploaded however is meant to replace the ui file in the Trackday car folder. I am going to re-upload both cars soon. I have trouble uploading bigger files on my over-the-air internet connection so I have to do it at work with a portable hard drive (not cool) so I am asking for a little patience from all. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.------OldRebel

Hi MaTriX. Thank you for your interest. Yes, it is very similar to the Cobra 289 mod but there was never a Cobra made with the 289 on the newer MkIII chassis that had the coil spring suspension and newer frame. There was, however, an AC branded car that had this combination and that is what this car is meant to represent. I had to put out an update right away after uploading this mod because of a mistake in not updating the .acd file after modifying the data for the 'stock' model. The data folder in the update is meant to replace the data file in the folder for the STOCK AC 289 Sports only. Not the Trackday car. The ui file uploaded however is meant to replace the ui file in the Trackday car folder. I am going to re-upload both cars soon. I have trouble uploading bigger files on my over-the-air internet connection so I have to do it at work with a portable hard drive (not cool) so I am asking for a little patience from all. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.------OldRebel
Thank you for the clarification! :) I look forward to the updates.

OldRebel updated AC 289 Sports with a new update entry:

AC Sports 289 1.0

This update gathers everything together so that only one download is needed. My apologies for not doing this sooner. There are now three versions of the car in this update. The stock version at 260-270 hp, the trackday version which is now at 340 hp and I am now including a competition version at 390 hp. The competition version closely matches the specs of the famous FIA cobras but this car is on the newer frame with coil spring suspension. It's quite the performer! This competition version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey, just a couple of things I've noticed after spending some time with these cars.

1. The trim around the competition's windshield and rearview mirror look like they have a weird texture, like the chrome texture isn't set right. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it looks like the rearview mirror's texture says "Ferodo" on it. Not sure if that's an artifact from the original or something else.

2. I fixed this on my end, but the sim won't record lap times if the folder name is capitalized - so instead of AC_289_Sports, you need to do ac_289_sports.

Other than that, this is great fun! Thanks again!

Hi Nick. Thank you very much for your comments. I was not involved with the design or textures of this beautiful car. That honor belongs to the 'meco and pankykapus' team. Although I had an idea that those folder names should be in lower case (but forgot) I had no idea that having caps there would affect lap times! I was having some races where that was the case and didn't know why it was happening. You learn something new every day. Thanks again.

Thanks for the Cars, Instructions could be bit more structured for the view but worked for me. Could you look into Setting the Dash Cams for the next version and probably notice the lower case correction on the main overview.

Fantastic collection of cars - the trackday version in particular hits the power Vs Grip sweet spot!

Although I had an idea that those folder names should be in lower case (but forgot) I had no idea that having caps there would affect lap times! I was having some races where that was the case and didn't know why it was happening. You learn something new every day. Thanks again.

Unfortunately this is even worse than just broken lap recording - while setting up a server that was going to use these, I repeatedly ran across a 'no available slots' error when trying to join and test the server.
This turned out to be because the server files that are generated by the game are also capitalised and then fail to be recognised by the client.

Luckily you can fix this by just editing your local folder names and updating the server contents in AC server manager. If you upload the resulting server files drivers can then enter, regardless of whether they've changed their own folder names or not.

OldRebel updated AC 289 Sports with a new update entry:

Update to 1.1

This update has two purposes. The installation has been simplified. The second part of the update gives you the option to install an ini file that allows you to have control over the audio volumes of the sfx pack for each car. The sound that came with this car has a very low exterior volume. This new ini file will fix that if you are still using the sound that came with the download. You will be able to adjust these levels yourself if desired. There is a detailed 'Read Me' file included that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Many thanks for the update, I love this glorious little beast.

Just a suggestion: since I can't stand the "bright white" empty badge/license plate, I'v exported the ExteriorMetal.dds and made some fast and simple modification, like the fictional (and pretty silly) 289 badge I made and the license plates (taken from an RD 427 skin pack, so it's just an example).

It's non-essential, but it would be nice to have proper custom plates and a good looking 289 badge.

Frank

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1649092111.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1649092111.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 46
  • __custom_showroom_1649092148.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1649092148.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 50
Any idea why the chrome (AC 289 Comp tested) looks like this ?
Latest CSP.
Pic is in game, in showroom it's a bit less obvious but still clearly present.

ac_289_chrome.png

Last edited:
Hi. I just checked it on my equipment. Yes, the windshield molding does look like that but all the other chrome on the vehicle looks fine. Kind of weird and I have no idea why. Maybe a Shader's Patch thing like you said. I run the latest version of it.

The weird chrome issue, on the Competition version, is related to [ExteriorMetalCompetition.dds].
A good fix is exporting the same file from Bazza's 289 Competition (GTC Legends Pack), wich is the same car model.

Result:
__custom_showroom_1649366917.jpg

Hi. I just checked it on my equipment. Yes, the windshield molding does look like that but all the other chrome on the vehicle looks fine. Kind of weird and I have no idea why. Maybe a Shader's Patch thing like you said. I run the latest version of it.
Oi Ken, I'm sending you the "fixed" [ExteriorMetalCompetition.dds] with your AC badge, in case you need it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back