Abu Dhabi - Division 2 Post Race

rob, pls stay here !! :confused::confused::confused:

and after check replay:
sorry to kurt kjellin, i toched you from behind in L3 Timestamp 361,93 :-(
not easy to drive with wrong steering angle ( since L1 because Alfonso broke my suspension )

Qual :
Qualified 6th, nearly equaling my PB. I was surprised to be so fast in comparison with the other drivers. Anyway, the best thing for me was to be on the left side, near the front lines.

Race :
My first 4 laps were very bad. I made a careful start, but in front of me, at the first turn, Luca and Philipp hit themselves, and I couldn't avoid to run into Philipp (picture). I still don't know how, but I had no damage. 7th at the first straight, I enjoyed the show in front of me, but lost another position at the end of my first lap after running too wide.
I tried to gain my position back attacking Paul at the end of the first straight, but my move was too risky and even if I overtook him in the braking zone, he hit me and I decided to let him pass me again. Rob passed me also, but he braked very early for T17 and I nearly miss him, blocking my tyres, running wide near the wall and nearly losing another position.
Entered lap 3 9th, then 8th after Alessio hit the wall in T3. Gaining on Rob, I was careful to keep my distance, and waited for a mistake from him, but I did one myself in lap 4, blocking my tyres after the first straight. Philipp that was behind me hit me on my front wings (I was in the wrong way at that moment!), but there was no damage.
I recovered myself very badly, spinning a second time, and finally regained an acceptable pace but I lost lots of time and was only 10th.

I then concentrated on my driving, staying behind the driver in front of me (Kurt at that moment) and waiting to for "natural selection" on that very treacherous track.
Kurt made a mistake on lap 5, then Philipp on lap 6, Luca and Paul on lap 10 and I was 5th. I was able to improve my pace on a nearly empty track in front of me, and began lapping some guys. Nothing important happened until the end of my first run (lap 21), and in my second run until lap 37.

I was then gaining on the battle between Olli and Mattia for 3th place, secretly hoping they'll slow down so I could gain the 4-5 second I need to be right behind them, but Mattia was apparently very slow because I gained those seconds very quickly. After Mattia spun, I was right behind Olli and tried to pressure him, but he was keeping very well his position and I finished the race 4th, very close to the podium.

I want to thank the guys I lapped, they were all very gentlemen, and I don't think I could have done better.

See you at Bahrain!

T1..jpg

Dear Robert
withdraw from the league is not the solution. i was involved in an accident with the same person, I didn't finish my race beacause of it, but I will leave it to the race department, and I will keep racing. Don't withdraw keep racing my friend and I wanna see in Bahrain.
Take care

Flipping hell on toast! I have just typed out a heartfelt plea with some really insightfull opinions formed by my own experience and some philosofical thumb suckery and such. I mean I could here the violins in the backgound it was so good.

Then I clicked on the big red reply instead of the small grey post reply button and lost it all. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!

So here is the short but none the less heartfelt version:

Rob, don't go. We will miss you and you know that you will miss maybe one or two of us as well. It is still early days. Things will improve.

Hope to see you in the land of sand sometime soon.

rob, pls stay here !! :confused::confused::confused:

and after check replay:
sorry to kurt kjellin, i toched you from behind in L3 Timestamp 361,93 :-(
not easy to drive with wrong steering angle ( since L1 because Alfonso broke my suspension )

No Problem Bob. The car was still drivable and you waited for me so NP:smile:

See you in Bahrain

And I also hope to see Rob there :thumbup:

• Alfonso Clarke

" ( since L1 because Alfonso broke my suspension ) "

Sorry Bob about the contact we had in the race m8 but i did'nt drive away after doing it like others do m8 i waited till u got ure place back infront of me & while that happened i lost a few places but thats just racing eh :thumbup: anyway cya next race, bring on Bahrain :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%