Resource icon

Misc Abu Dhabi 2014 'Real' Sky Textures & Colour 2014-11-30

Login or Register an account to download this content
mmpaw37 submitted a new resource:

ABU DHABI 2014 'REAL' SKY TEXTURES & COLOUR - Realistic Sky & Colour For Default Abu Dhabi Track

ABU DHABI 'REAL' SKY TEXTURES & COLOUR By MMPAW44.

This mod makes the sky in Abu Dhabi more realistic in terms of colour, virtually no clouds and ambient occlusion.
The sky in the default version of the game has always been too orange and to cloudy for myself personally, so i decided to change it!.

NOTE: THIS MODIFICATION DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY OTHER MOD FROM ANY OTHER PERSON...JUST THE DEFAULT ABU DHABI TRACK WITH REAL SKY....

Read more about this resource...

it's actually very simple to make the pictures on RD
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

how can you edit the sky? can someone tell me? which programme? and how?

Well, first you need Ryders PSSG Editor here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/. Scroll down until you see the PSSG editor, then download the latest version. Its not an installer, just open the archive and click on the .exe.

Secondly, once you have opened the program, In the top left you will see the 'tab' labelled 'File'. Click on 'File' which will then open a dropdown list, just click on 'Open'.

A new window appears in which you have to navigate to the file you wish to edit/open. Just navigate to the 'sky.pssg' file located in the tracks/circuits/(Track Name') folder, and just double left click on the 'sky.pssg' file.

Thenall you have to do is, export the texture on your desktop, edit the file (Be sure to replace the texture file the same as it was originally), import the texture and overwrite the 'default' one, then click save in the dropdown list as mentioned before, locate the file and just replace it, that's basically it.

However, there are a few other textures you have to replace/edit for the sky, not just what is inside the 'sky.pssg' file.

Its a matter of trial and error, but if you want a detailed explanation of how to use the Ryder PSSG Editor, then I suggest you read the documentation file.

Well, first you need Ryders PSSG Editor here: http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/. Scroll down until you see the PSSG editor, then download the latest version. Its not an installer, just open the archive and click on the .exe.

Secondly, once you have opened the program, In the top left you will see the 'tab' labelled 'File'. Click on 'File' which will then open a dropdown list, just click on 'Open'.

A new window appears in which you have to navigate to the file you wish to edit/open. Just navigate to the 'sky.pssg' file located in the tracks/circuits/(Track Name') folder, and just double left click on the 'sky.pssg' file.

Thenall you have to do is, export the texture on your desktop, edit the file (Be sure to replace the texture file the same as it was originally), import the texture and overwrite the 'default' one, then click save in the dropdown list as mentioned before, locate the file and just replace it, that's basically it.

However, there are a few other textures you have to replace/edit for the sky, not just what is inside the 'sky.pssg' file.

Its a matter of trial and error, but if you want a detailed explanation of how to use the Ryder PSSG Editor, then I suggest you read the documentation file.

massive thanks for this great explonation ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

@Graham Laing these pictures are embeddable

He doesn't have to embed them as external externally hosted links, he can simply upload them to the thread if he edits the mod.

There is an UPLOAD FILE button. Once you have uploaded each image to the thread, there will be a thumbnail that can be left 'as is', so that users click the thumbnail to see the picture. Or next to each thumbnail there is a 'Full image' button. Click somewhere in your post where you want to place an image, then click the 'full image' button for the image you want to insert. This saves you from slow loading or missing images because of problems at the external host. It uses {attach} {/attach} tags

Easy peasy ...... :)

EDIT: Example below.

image-attachment.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%