ABS & TC

S

SCX

• SCX

How can I implement an home made control of spin &lock of the wheels.
I would like to test some algoritms that read the wheels speed and apply a brake force on a wheel.
Such as an ESP

Thank you
Giorgio

• Tiberius

Hi. You can have ABS and TC in Racer but you only get control of a few variables, mainly the slip ratios at which is turns on - as far as I know you can't control anything else.

If you know how to code, you might be better off downloading the 0.50 source code from racer.nl and working with that, as far as I know Racer didn't have ABS or TC back then so you might have a lot of work in front of you to get it working, but it's the last version of the source that's available.

Hope this helps.

Yep it's just relative velocities of front/rear wheel speeds that controls abs/tcs in Racer right now.

Good settings are 1.3/1.1 for the max/min ratios

Dave

• SCX

ok, thank you.
This is the problem.I had write a little program in Matlab that read the wheelspeed, the steering angle, the giroscope and the accelerator sensor.
So there are some formulas it calculate the Yaw rate, the speed of the CoG and if the car is understeering or oversteering it put out a value for brake the rear left or right wheel.
I'd like insert this program into the game to test the quality of this program.
How can i do this?
I never code, but I can try. So I don't know witch file modify.
Can you help me?

Thank you
Giorgio

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years