About the dark lines created automatically by BTB on the track

Hi, everyone,

When exporting a track, a window comes up asking you to establish the width and darkness of the drive line. However, in RFactor, the line appears seemingly at random. I would like it to appear only on the corners, but it can be seen sometimes in the middle of the straights, or it appears and disappears along the straights, and then it is there in some corners but not in others.

Any clues as to how to make it appear only where I want to? Cheers

Chances are it was automatically set and then you changed the layout of the track, leaving the original driveline in place. You need to edit it, which can be done via the green icon on the right end of the toolbar.

The racegroove is the fast line.
In the 2d view, open 'Edit Start/Finish positions' In the first tab "Driveline" > "Centerline" Make sure only "Show Fastline" is checked. Use the mouse to move the nodes of the fast line. You can add and remove nodes, 'ctrl + left click' will add a node. to remove a node, highlight the node and press 'Delete'. Then check "Show Pitlane" and align it accordingly. Also go into 3d view and make sure none of it has gone under the track or is too high over the track.

Thanks, R Soul. I think I already did this when I did the AIW, but I'll delete it and do it all over again to see whether it changes.

If you have the ISI AIW Editor you could try recalculating the groove in that. Go to ‘unsupported/test options' and click on ‘ReCalculate Groove on save’ then click on 'Save Waypoints'.

Obviously back up your current AIW before you try it! And remember you'll have to repeat it if you export the AIW again from BTB as it will overwrite it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 443 39.6%