About the 2018 nsx

Hi,

Big Hondafan here and was psyched to finally drive a Honda from the hand of Kunos.
A few days ago I did a whole practise session at Misano. After that I drove also 5 laps in the Porsche and was almost immediately 5 sevonds faster. Is the 2018 nsx really that slow compared to the other cars?

It has been discussed, that the non-evo NSX is not on par with the other GT3s. It has been painfully evident in the first year of its life cycle in GT3. The new 2019 evo-version should be faster overall. At Spa24h the number 30 works-NSX did a respectable job and came out in the Top 10. When you look at the IMSA series, the NSX is one of the top performers most of the time (okay, maybe also due to different BOP).
I am quite curious myself if that increased performance will be noticeable ingame.

That said, I am for example also 1 sec slower on most tracks when using the Porsche. Some cars require different driving techniques I would think. With any front-mid engined GT3 I have a less sharp turn in than with mid-engined GT3s. Except for the NSX maybe...The Porsche is super-understeery when on the gas off hairpins too early I noticed, etc.

So I would think you'd have to explore other lines, different approaches to the tracks in general. That's why I was on the lookout for a car I feel comfortable in, get consistent times and do the least errors. I may be quicker with the Audi on Barcelona, but I am more consistent with the AMG on most tracks. Really love the new statistics page in the driver profile in ACC!

I am quite curious myself if that increased performance will be noticeable ingame.

I am pretty sure it will be noticeable.
I don't remember the exact words but I read a post from Ari some weeks ago in the official forum saying the 2018 Honda was not competitive (as it was also the case in real life) but the 2019 Evo package would be.

Regarding the OP's post, it's definitely not 5secs slower but as DrRob said, driving style matters in this case

The nsx is a slow car thats why you don't see many guys using it in multiplayer. I understand about you being a honda guy and wanting to use it, but you'd be better off using the Benz, Lambo, Ferrari or BMW & as you learn the car physics you will steadily get faster in these cars...

Last edited:
There’s something to the idea of sticking with a single car and really getting to know it well. I was more or less forced to pick the Ferrari for my league racing (would have taken the Bentley or Lexus but was too late). However I’ve come to really know and get on with it. It responds to setup changes really well, even for a setup moron like myself, and it can be outright quickest in the corners. There’s so much depth in ACC if you give it time to reveal itself.

I too, was a bit surprised at how 'slow' the NSX was compared to all the other cars.
It does look good though :p
Seriously...If I had to choose one car in the lot to race every time, it'd be the Lexus.
It is fast and it sounds great inside and out.

I too, was a bit surprised at how 'slow' the NSX was compared to all the other cars.
It does look good though :p
Seriously...If I had to choose one car in the lot to race every time, it'd be the Lexus.
It is fast and it sounds great inside and out.
Can you put a certain amount of time on the gap compared to the other cars of do you think it's 4 tenths as well as mentioned a few posts before. It feels like it is more than 4 tenths to me...

I can't believe my lap times around Spa with the NSX :D big part of my problem is driving style but even with my crappy driving style i shouldn't be consistently 2.5 second off the pace compare to other cars (normally i drive with Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari and Lamborghini ) in the same situation. but the car itself is a very well-behaving one at my hand in term of being easy to drive, i can't drive any other car in the game with that level of comfort at low TC settings.
Can't wait for the new version of the car, i love Honda and also McLaren GT3s, so i hope the McLaren could be better too:D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 411 40.0%