about extracting .rar files of mods and make them work?

Sleeker

Rudolph the Rednosed Racer
Hello,
I have a question. I downloaded the mod porsche vs ferrari for gsce which was a rar file. I extracted it with 7-zip manager. Than I put the files in the gamedata map and the rfm map. but the cars are not to be found in the game. Is there anything I should do in another way to make it work? Thanks in advance.

You say you put files in the gamedata and rfm folders? I believe once you extract the compressed mod file, you should have a gamedata and rfm folders. Each of those should be copy/pasted into the game directory that contains its own gamedata and rfm folders, thereby over writing them. You should not have to move files into the games gamedata, rfm folders.

I apologize if I misunderstood.

You say you put files in the gamedata and rfm folders? I believe once you extract the compressed mod file, you should have a gamedata and rfm folders. Each of those should be copy/pasted into the game directory that contains its own gamedata and rfm folders, thereby over writing them. You should not have to move files into the games gamedata, rfm folders.

I apologize if I misunderstood.
It's the first time that I try to install a mod so I probably do something wrong, but I extracted the rar file and than took the files out of the gamedata folder of the mod and put them into the gamedata folder of gsce. I did the same with the files in the rfm folder. I guess I should have copied the complete folders into the root folder of gsce, and than let the folders merge/overwrite? I will try that.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for this. May I ask what FFB setting in-game do you set for these cars (540 wheel, FFB strength=High and -100, steering lock)? I copied the realfeel settings already, using g27. Still not used to setting it up as feel is different as in AC. Thanks.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%