Abarth TCR vs Healey Sprite @ Kemora - Thu 22nd Nov

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Abarth 1000 TCR (Download) + Required Soundpack (Download) vs Healey Sprite (Download)
Track: Kemora (Download) long circuit

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (15 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (15 laps)

Note 1: Skins that come with the Mods Only
Note 2: Odd number sign ups = Abarth Race1/Sprite Race2, Even number sign ups = vice versa
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: T1 has a fair but strict cut on it so beware

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson - Abarth/Sprite
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito - Sprite/Abarth
  3. Hans Sneep - Abarth/Sprite
  4. Stuart Thomson - Sprite/Abarth
  5. Rokas Charlapavicius - Abarth/Sprite
  6. Carlos Diaz - Sprite/Abarth
  7. Arnaldo da Anunciação Junior - Abarth/Sprite
  8. Senad Subasic - Sprite/Abarth
  9. Alberto Tescara - Abarth/Sprite
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Roland Warmenhoven - maybe late arrival, we know the score..
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Well guy's here are my downfalls...

Q 1: A decent lap or at least I though so. P5 in the end.

R1: I got turned around in the second turn and afterwards I settled into 7th with Senad behind me, I think. A few laps into the race there was a casualty in front and I was up to 6th. Not for long though as Senad passed me and I was in 7th again. And that was pretty much it :D. Although I was following Senad quite close at one point, I never came close enough to attack him and spent the whole race right there, but I felt like I was able to pick the speed up while running behind him.:cautious:

Q2: I was nearly 4 seconds off :confused:, but a P6 nevertheless. (hey nothing went wrong in both q's :))

R2: This time I had a clean start and with the guys sorting themselves out I was as high as 3rd at one point, I believe. Sadly the reality slowly materialized and I went down to 5th in yet another dull ride. But of course as it's usual with me I ran into trouble (although this time it was to my complete surprise :roflmao: ) as the car started to sputter while approaching the end of the penultimate lap. Sure enough I did ran out of fuel entering the first turn of the last lap :roflmao:, ending the evening with a DNF.:laugh:

All in all a fun evening, but now it is back to the drawing board, trying to figure out on how to properly setup a car, or how to make the most of what I got... :)

Speaking of the cars by the way, I never though I was going to enjoy the Abarth as much as I did. And as for Healey I'm going to blame the setup :p(wait..., I make the setup:roflmao:)

Also it was nice to be on teamspeak, I'll try to make sure that you hear a bit more from me in the future. It still feels so weird hearing from the other drivers.

So guy's that's all from me, till we meet again...

Rokas

Barely got there in time, my first practice lap was my outlap in quali. Luckily, nice and simple track, easy car, so I got the gist of it in the two and a half laps I did. Or so I thought.

A bit of chaos on the opening lap, I ended up in the top half by the end of lap 1. In lap 2 or 3, I went way too fast into turn 1, and went off to the left. Had to let everyone through, and rejoined in last.

Caught up with Hans who had trouble with the Abarth, similar to the ones I have when I try to drive it, i feel your pain :D. And later caught up with Rokas, was fun trying to chase him, with us having different cars. Managed to get by after a mistake of his, but couldn't pull away after that. He was getting quicker towards the end, I'm lucky the race ended when it did :o

Improved my laptime by a second and a half from my quali (second practice) lap, but was still at the bottom of the list.

Got called away after, and missed the start of race 2. For the better perhaps, I would've been a menace to society in that Abarth.

Thanks to Rupe and the rest of the GTL crowd. Will try and join next week, if I can summon up courage to face... the Tyres of Champions :o

Very good night overall. These 2 cars are great, really close times achieved totally different ways. The Sprite is grippy, compliant with a nice smooth torque delivery. The Abarth is a bit stiffer, a bit spikier and you need to treat the throttle with more respect.

Whoever threw these together first is a genius (ahem).:thumbsup:

Firstly - WD Rupe on your first event in charge. Really nice track (he came up with it all on his tod, everyone. Neither Knut nor I had driven it before) which suits this class of car superbly.

Race 1 - Sprite.
I was faster in the Abarth on average, but preferred the Sprite. The little frog was immense through T1, T2 & T3, but from then on in the lap the Abarth was quicker. I managed to get a decent start (even though I got gifted pole in the restart after Alberto's controller turmoil) and snuck into a lead. Slowly but surely, I got reeled in by Alberto, so from about halfway it was all about attack & defence rather than laptimes. I left him all the less appealing routes, trying to take the tight line through the important corners, and the Sprites smoothness allowed me to get on the accelerator ridiculously early. Alberto managed to get alongside and nose in front into T4, but the line he had to take meant he was on the outside for T5, and I managed to just jump back ahead straight away. I managed to hold on to the end, taking it easy on the last couple of laps after he had an off to make sure I didn't do anything stupid.

Race 2 - Abarth.
Qualied in P3 or 4, about a second off my best which I was a little disappointed in, until I realised I was using my Sprite setup (it even said "sprite_tst" :redface: ). Switching to my Abarth setup made a hell of a difference in the lap I went out on to make sure it was OK (didn't set a new time), and I managed to make up that couple of places and sneaked into 1st. Had a bit of a tangle with Carlos in T4, which left us both at or near the back. So began my recovery drive, and I was managing to get by people here and there until I was back up to 2nd with Knut about 8 sec in front of me. Well, we traded fastest lap after fastest lap, and after 10 or so laps we finished...8 sec apart. :D. Loads of effort and throwing the cars around for Absolutely. No. Change. Whatsoever.

I think our fastest laps were something like 0.1 apart, my 1:18.3 to his 1:18.2.

Superb event, my favourite sort.

You've set your level now Rupe. All you need to do is make every event as good as this one. :sneaky:

As I said last night, poo happens.

I have issues when it happens through carelessness or recklessness, but actual accidents will always happen. If people are of similar pace, then it's reasonable that they will be close together and increase the likelihood of repeat issues should things go wrong.

Having a good Q in the Abarth put me on p4 an after the restart still on p4, made a good start but in t3 tap Rokas (sorry for that Rokas:redface:) so waited an of again but on a big time lag an no way to catch up again,so a bid lonely race but did my best lap 1.20.102:D

Sprite,messed up Q let a Abarth pass me by in my timed lap but go off an escape so last place,not quit 2 did no quali so start on p7,managed to go off here an there, an had in the last laps Rokas in front of me still to fast bud not to far in the last corner very close but as I understand he run out of full:O_o:, so fin on p5.

WD Rupe ! good event, nice track :thumbsup:

Well that was fun guys ...
just to let you know there was a brief discussion whist going down the back straight whether to do a restart, and as there were low numbers we thought we give it another go with a random grid start. thanks all for understanding... these things can happen to any body...

But what i do ask is if everybody before the race starts can make sure they can enter the server with both cars in a duel event like this..whether it be before race day if need be ...
we will try to help anybody. But its stopping every body from racing and some have an early start the next day so we don't want to waist to much time when we can be racing.. thanks for your understanding...:)

So down to the racing.. It was a blast I finally got a good go in the TCR and enjoyed every second of it. there was no way I could keep up with Stuart and Alberto so it was just a case of trying to keep it all under control as the old dot in the rear view mirror got closer and closer every lap.. Yep Knut was there again 5 seconds then 4 then 3 same old story he just gets faster and faster. But this time i was able to hold him off, well until we crossed the line another lap and I was done for im sure. but good fun all the same..

race 2 was Sprite time and I was going as fast as I could but still slowly going backward or so it seemed. I had no answer to any body that got close enough to pass but i tried and only lost more time.. I will get the hang of these cars one day.. but it was an improvement
and there was a big grin on my face as I crossed the line ..
great laps by the fast guys and a hell of a laptime.. in fact all the laps were quick, 2 seconds a lap and more quicker:notworthy::notworthy: ..Need more practice lots of practice...:)

Thanks all for showing to my inaugural event and I hope I can get/find some more new tracks for you guys to throw in every now and again..
And don't forget if you also find a track let us know, We might of missed it...:)

See you all on Track soon Rupe :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back