Abarth TCR vs Healey Sprite @ Ahvenisto - Thu 13th September

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Abarth 1000TCR (Download) + Required Soundpack (Download) / Austin Healey Sprite (Download)
Track: Ahvenisto ( Download )

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 13 laps)

Note 1: Skins that come with the Mods Only
Note 2: Odd number sign ups = Abarth Race1/Sprite Race2, Even number sign ups = vice versa
Note 3: Since the Simbin lobby is down we are still using the Altbierbude lobby. See here for information on how to switch lobby.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Knut Omdal Tveito - Abarth/Sprite
  2. Rokas Charlapavicius - Sprite/Abarth
  3. Rupe Wilson - Abarth/Sprite
  4. Zoltan Niebel - Sprite/Abarth
  5. Stuart Thomson - Abarth/Sprite
  6. Markus Hakamo - Sprite/Abarth
  7. Hans Sneep - Abarth/Sprite
  8. Bob Hutchins - Sprite/Abarth
  9. Driver - Abarth/Sprite
  10. Driver - Sprite/Abarth
  11. Driver - Abarth/Sprite
  12. Driver - Sprite/Abarth
  13. Driver - Abarth/Sprite
  14. Driver - Sprite/Abarth
  15. Driver - Abarth/Sprite
  16. Driver - Sprite/Abarth
  17. Driver - Abarth/Sprite
  18. Driver - Sprite/Abarth
  19. Driver - Abarth/Sprite
  20. Driver - Sprite/Abarth
Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Good racing thanks for everyone, congrats for all podium finishers and thanks Knut for organizing the event!

R1: qualified 4th, got good start was 2nd after T1, and tried to defend against Zoltan in opening lap, but then I hit the nasty inside kerb in T6 and rolled over. I dropped 5th and finished thst positon. I think it was Stuart who won followed by Knut and Zoltan who apparently had tight battle for 2nd.

R2: qualified 3th and for the first few laps tried to catch Stuart for 2nd place, and passed him while he upset his car on that very same T6 kerb. Next lap I wasn't cautious enough while braking into T4 after crest and went off letting Stu retake the 2nd place. Also Bob and Knut came very close while I rejoined and Bob passed me in T5 braking. It was then nice battle for the rest of the race between three of us. At first I tried hard to find a spot to pass, but eventually went wide at start finish line and Knut went pass. At some point they got a little bit gap ahead me but towards the end got closer and last lap we were literally bumper to bumper. Stuart made also small out of track journey at start finishline so Bob got 2nd and Knut and me followed. That order stayed until the last lap last hairpin where Bob went wide at the exit letting Knut and me pass. I tried to drag my Abarth past his Sprite at two remaining kinks but there was no change. Zoltan won by half a minute or so then Knut and me separated with 0.1 s.

Loved the cars loved the track...Crashed out from the lead in race 1 with 1 lap to go..
i was trying to take it easy and keep the gap constant knowing how tight the battle behind was.. and oooops made a mess of it... :( it lonely at the front...
Race 2 was a disaster for me .. it was not the quickest by a long shot even though i liked the frog eye more then the mini muscle car...ABAAAAARTH but as we went over the first crest i just touched my brakes as not to get to close to the car in front and i spun..:redface:
from then on it all went down hill, a few laps i got tangled up with another car .. nobodies fault just one of those things and after a quick spin we set off again and spun again on the next laps so i just made it to the finish with my tail between my legs.. wuff wuff...
but great fun all the same ... the highs and lows of racing:D

So with a new event on Tuesday its time to practice and put that smile back on my face...
nice event with good friendly drivers,, :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back