Abarth TCR @ Mosport 09 - Thu 19th April

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyertc65.jpg
Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: Abarth 1000TCR (Download) + Required Soundpack (Download)
Track: Mosport 09 (Download)
Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (30 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (13 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (13 laps)
Note1: Default Skins that come with the TCR Mod Only
Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Knut Omdal Tveito
  3. Senad Subasic
  4. Peter Van Zanten
  5. Roland Warmenhoven
  6. Jack Smith
  7. Hans Sneep
  8. Ross Garland
  9. Jacob Boonstra
  10. David Cuthill
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver

Should be fun. Jops turn 5, twice per lap :D. ...
Jops - now there's an idea...
Oh dear lord, I do remember that turn from the Capri/Skyline event... of which I've had some sleepless nights afterwards..:D Possibly my worst performance to date:notworthy: .
It is a beautiful track though, so yeah, bring it on again some time.. I couldn't possibly do worse there;)

So glad to be back on track again, the Abarth is a nice handling car good to start with, hand is on 50 % shifting is ok but steering is a bit difficult I lay my hand on the wheel cant grip it. Did some practice to adapt with it an was going well.

When I arrive online there was a mismatch had the wrong vers. of the track,try to download but was on my limit at NoGrip
(LM55 Mod nice!) Stuart was so nice to load it up for me so I could install it again Thanks Stu !
Quali was good p 6,but I now from other event on this track first corner cold tyres...... wel even so going of in the first corner !
So from the back than. (laptimes stady 1.38...) but no way to get back, Senad had a problem on T4 uphill but stay out of my reach
later Jack the same trouble an I was slowly catching up when I make my second slipoff in T2! Did my fastest lap an fin the race!
Not started in R2 take it easy an not over doing it !

Grats David ! an thanks again Stuart for the help !

Jobs ? Alfa Junior ? ok will try that !

Loved the car, loved the track. Really fun event. :)

After the initial dash from the grid in Race 1 I found myself in 6th. That's where I stayed for much of the race as I was slowly dropping back from the guys in front and slowly pulling away from the guys behind. Eventually Jacob went off the track promoting me to 5th, and that's where I finished.

The start of Race 2 was a good laugh. I became an Abarth sandwich at one point as two oranges on wheels gave me the squeeze! I ended up in 5th by the end of lap 1. Again, I was falling back from the guys in front and gaining/holding distance to those behind. Finished in 5th again.

It was a bit lonely but it didn't bother me at all, to be honest. I was having too much fun just driving the car. Congrats to David and Stuart for the wins and to the rest of the podiums. :)

Brilliant racing last night - I love these little cars, they're made for good, close racing as someone said on TS - so controllable that you can concentrate on the racing, and not just hanging on, even at a potentially scary track like Mosport.

WD to Dave & Knut for the win & podium in R1, Knut & Roland in R2.

I mean, I know it's horses for courses, and everyone has their preferences, but last night was way better than any Boss race for me, and it would have been no matter where I finished.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back