AC Abarth Tatuus @ Red Bull Ring GP - Wednesday May 22 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry, guys. Tonite was a total disaster for me.

It started on Monday when the hinge on my VR headset broke, so I had to switch back to single screen for tonite. (For someone who sucks as bad as me, that's a big deal.) For some reason, I couldn't get my mic to work either, even though TeamSpeak indicated that it was OK. <shrug> Then, I got into two big shunts during the first 5 minutes of the first race, so I called it quits.

I was a good 5-8 seconds behind the pace per lap so I didn't want to become an obstacle.

Scott, FWIW a poorly timed and executed downshift on my part caused our shunt in sector 3. My apologies.

Also, FWIW - unlike most of you guys, I prefer the open wheelers.

Thanks guys. Was fun while it lasted, in spite of my difficulties.

Bert

Hey guys, I really screwed up tonight. I could've sworn the race was on the 29th. I was feeling pretty froggy today and I was actually on my pc and turned a few laps with different cars on some point to point tracks I've never used. I even took the time to make a couple of comments about McLarens' cock up at Indy and F1 going to...............ZANDVOORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Anyway, I never thought to double check the race schedule. I didn't even look in the left hand margin of the website. If I had, it's there plain as day. All I'm going to say is Blonde+54yrs+sick=Village Idiot:unsure::unsure: I hope you boys had a good time and I should have been there. Anytime I can get @Keith_G and @DingoStarr on the track at the same time is a good time for me. @scottiedawg66 hope you enjoyed your time away and babysitting didn't kill you:D Thanks for putting the races on.

If anyone knows somebody that wants to host, send us a message and we will get it to the proper people. Until the next time, enjoy Memorial Day weekend, thank a soldier, watch the Monaco GP and Indy and please oh please drink a German, Belgian White or Guinness for me since I can't have one. Talk at'cha later boys.
aventinus.jpg

Blue_Moon_hero.jpg
cd6651d829bc30e85e7cb4540b6918c6--guinness-beer-guinness-draught.jpg

I think I just fainted.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks for hosting this! I'm still somewhat new to sim racing and this was my first club race; you all could not have been more friendly and welcoming, I had a great time.

The only unfortunate thing is that I found that putting in somewhat regular practice over the few days leading up to the race really aggravated an old shoulder injury. I had the same issue preparing for the Mini Challenge races here at the beginning of the year, and my form dropped off as the event continued and the pain worsened. I'm going to try to do a better job managing it with stretches I learned in physical therapy and see how it goes but, worst case scenario, I might be more of an every-other-week kind of racer than every week. You should see me around fairly regularly either way, and I can't wait for next time!

Oh, I also meant to ask: who was it that said they were streaming the event? I wanted to follow your channel so I can watch even when I'm not participating.

no worries @newbert get your gear sorted out and we will see you next time.

thanks for coming out everyone, we had a good grid tonight. next week will be a fun one.

@Jivesauce the you tube channel is "2old4forza" I had an issue last night and cut the stem short and deleted it but there is lots of good content there and more livestreams coming

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 426 39.6%