rF2 Abarth @ Rouen Les Essarts - Friday 25th July 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, it's about time RD takes the excellent Historx mod out on track. First event with this great mod will be Abarths only on the Rouen Les Essarts track of 1974-1994.
Make no mistake, these cars may be small but they are pretty fast!

abarthflyer.jpg

Event details
Game: rFactor
Date: Friday 25th July
Server: RaceDepartment.com
Car: Abarth (Coppa Mille) (Historic GT and Touring Cars)
Skins: Default only
Circuit: Rouen Les Essarts 1.01
Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 18:30, 60 mins
Qualifying: 19,30,30 mins
Race: 20:00, 20 laps 1 mandatory pitstop

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Weather: Dry
Failures: Normal
Pitstops: 1 Mandatory
In-game start time: Midday

Signups
1 Theo de Bruin
2 Warren Dawes
3 Patrick van Driel
4 Hans Sneep
5 Toni Talvatie
6 Dave Robinson (FOG>Daheee)
7 Stirb Iuliu
8 Grant Powell
9 Mario Rocha
10 Peter Gog
11 Gareth Hickling
12 Steve Parker (FOG>Carpman69)
13 Gary Allen
14 Martin Bulgin
15 Sam Moss

I downloaded the track, it's brilliant. The Abarths are fun but:
Is it me or do these things have the turning circle of the Queen Mary at low speed. I could hardly get it out of the pit garage, or around the tight hairpin.
Do I have to introduce some "Speed Sensitive Steering" or mod my "Steer Ratio Speed" to get it to turn. I tried upgrading the car to manual steering lock so that I could increase the steering lock in-game but didn't help much.
Maybe we have to try handbrake turns at the hairpin :D.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: I've started to improve it by reducing the G25 Wheel rotation back from the recommended setting of 900deg. Back to about 400 deg and more steering lock in-game is getting there. The recommended settings seem to be hopelessly wrong (for me anyway).
It's even helping to improve that huge deadzone in the centre of the steering.

Hi Teo, I certainly will try this GTL Mod but I have the same problem as Warren,
I have a Log.WingmanFF GP and the steering is a mess, real feel is enebled.
Tips will be welcome....

Gr.Hans

You're in Hans!

What a lot of people seem to forget (or don't know) is that you can actually change some settings on the cars themselves.
To do this, choose the car you wish to drive and go to the "Upgrades" tab.
In there you can change various settings, like for the Abarth:
- Light projection type
- Fuel Tank
- Steering lock
- Shifting style
- FFB Strength

Default it sets the Steering lock for 900 degrees (IIRC) and FFB Strength to Real Feel and Shifting style to Heel and toe. These are always the first ones I change in this mod as I don't have 900 degrees rotation and I don't have Real Feel and I only have two pedals.

If I don't change these settings the game feels pretty weird for me too. I don't have any problems getting around corners or with the FFB now. I suspect changing these settings might help?

It's always fun to check out the upgrades tab for mods as it often also allows you to change the look of the cars! :cool:

Hans, I have started to get some reasonable feel out of it now, but I had to change a lot of the default settings. The default settings are supposed to be already set for the G25 and 900 deg rotation. I found the default to be hopeless (and I followed all instructions to the letter).
The biggest improvement came from reducing the rotation on the G25 back to my normal settings of about 400 deg. You can only set yours to it's maximum rotation at will not go that high.
Next do as Theo says. In the car selection screen, where you buy the car (make sure you buy it or the upgrades don't take effect), open the "upgrades" tab and change some of those settings by purchasing the upgrade. The default is again set for G25. In particular, change the Steering Lock to the one that lets you manually set the steering lock in game. Also, don't use Heel and Toe option for "shifting style". I am using the default FFB option (which enables RealFeel) but I then had to use the hotkeys to adjust the settings while on track. It's explained in the manual. You can also switch RealFeel off / on with one of the hotkeys.
It's all a bit complex and time consuming to get it feeling any good, but I think I am making progress.
There is a good game in there waiting to be discovered, but it is nowhere near as easy to setup as GTL.
If you need help, just ask.

Thanks Warren,I did the sings Teo explains and that made sings better, but I struggle with the pitstop don't no what to do(like in GTL) and the pitlimm.dont work, I enebled auto pits that was lol car went out of the box on his own.
Disabled it
Hans

Thanks Warren,I did the sings Teo explains and that made sings better, but I struggle with the pitstop don't no what to do(like in GTL) and the pitlimm.dont work, I enebled auto pits that was lol car went out of the box on his own.
Disabled it
Hans

Good to hear things worked out Hans! It's correct that the pitspeedlimiter doesn't work, thats because these cars don't have a limiter in real life either! :D
But it states the pit speed limit when you get in the car, so you just have to keep to that "manually"!

Good to have you onboard Toni! :thumb:

Yeehaa!! im in :thumb:

Warren,my rotation is at 290 deg. try that ? Are you still using real feel plugin ?

Thanks Patrick, it has helped a lot. Also, your Controller.ini file has improved my rFactor FFB too. I'm getting there and also starting to agree that the RealFeel plug-in is not good with many mods.

BTW Theo, I'll join this Abarth Event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years