rF2 Abarth @ Rouen Les Essarts - Friday 25th July 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the responses guys

As for the degree of rotation i cant adjust this as i have a Logitech Formula Force EX (to poor for a g25 :)) i see there is an option to change it manually in the upgrades but how do i do this? i have added the upgrades as the manual suggests and changed by wheel settings in windows maybe this is the problem ? but i doubt it as i tried the PCC's and these worked fine it is just this mod whether Real feel is enabled or not pffff.

Thanks for the setup Warren im a newbie to Rfactor as well to be honest as i always seem to play Race 07 so i will give this a try and take on you guys advise about shifting and braking with these little things and maybe i will last the race :D

As for the degree of rotation i cant adjust this as i have a Logitech Formula Force EX (to poor for a g25 :)) i see there is an option to change it manually in the upgrades but how do i do this? i have added the upgrades as the manual suggests and changed by wheel settings in windows maybe this is the problem ? but i doubt it as i tried the PCC's and these worked fine it is just this mod whether Real feel is enabled or not pffff.

Thanks for the setup Warren im a newbie to Rfactor as well to be honest as i always seem to play Race 07 so i will give this a try and take on you guys advise about shifting and braking with these little things and maybe i will last the race :D
If you want to upgrade the car go back to the Rfactor start screen,
Go to the settings and the choice of car there you can buy an upgrade.
After that join a server or a test session and your car will have the upgrade.

Patrick,

I haev taken the upgrades into a test session but still seem to have the same problem, less if i disable the Real feel though, 2 days to the race and i cant even get the wheel setup not a particular good start i thought this would be a lot easier :rolleyes:

I think your problem is connected to the upgrade screen, you must make sure you have selected 270 degree rotation in the upgrade screen, load a track , type ISI_BABYFACTORY in the chat window and hit return, now quit the track and return to the vehicle selection screen, you now own all the cars and only have to select the 270 degree upgrade option once for each new car you drive. now go into your rfactor userdata folder and the controller folder and open the ini file that you use for these cars ( I have two ini files I use one called f1.ini for all single seater type cars and another ini file I use for tin tops, depending what car type I am driving I will load the appropriate file in the rfactor controller selection screen) and look for this line, Steering Wheel Range="270" make sure your one is 270 if its 900 change it.

Sorry for being a bit long winded but I hope this helps.

• Steve Parker

Count me in for this :becky:First race with you guys :thumb:

Count me in for this :becky:First race with you guys :thumb:
Ah, you found your way! Excellent, welcome aboard! :thumb:

I hope everybody manages to get their steering problems solved before tomorrow!
I know it's a bit weird in rFactor that you sometimes have to change stuff in the cars upgrade tab.

Think I am gonna try a few laps online now! :cool:

Special note for Grant:
The setup I have attached earlier is for the Coppe Mille Abarth which is the one stated in the sign up post. However, the server has been set for the Base Abarth (TC-65) which is considerably different. So my setup will be hopeless with the base Abarth.
Don't know which one we are going to end up with for the race though.

Thanks for letting me know Warren, to be honest I did not notice any difference with your setup to the default :wink:

I think I have got the steering sorted now its just trying to stop these skidding out of control if the front wheels are turned and I brake even the slightest, as mentioned I notice that having some throttle applied helps but I cant do that on all corners as I end up going in to fast.

Well it will be interesting tonight to see how i go or how long before I total the car hopefully I can get past that tight right hander as no matter what I seem to do I end up off the track unless I brake about 3 days before the left corner that leads into this hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%