rF2 Abarth @ Rouen Les Essarts - Friday 25th July 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question,How to do a pitstop in rFactor,

I now in setup you can set 1 or more stops an the amount of fuel to load but
what about the tires if I only will chance the rear tires ?

Help welcome, Hans

Hans best thing to do is set a Pit request button up in the Mappings. You can also set your Pit strategy in setup but when you are ready to pit press your Pit Request button. Then all you need to do is scroll through the LCD Pit menu using the arrow keys and change a value such as Tyres use the left and right arrow keys.

If you dont use the Pit Request key then the Pit stop will take longer. Also check which buttons you have mapped in game for LCD and change them if you wish.

Hope it helps :thumb:

Hans best thing to do is set a Pit request button up in the Mappings. You can also set your Pit strategy in setup but when you are ready to pit press your Pit Request button. Then all you need to do is scroll through the LCD Pit menu using the arrow keys and change a value such as Tyres use the left and right arrow keys.

If you dont use the Pit Request key then the Pit stop will take longer. Also check which buttons you have mapped in game for LCD and change them if you wish.

Hope it helps :thumb:

Hi Fog (whats your real name?) thanks fore the explan. I did not no about the LCD I have pit request mapped but not LCD gone try that out an if I understand it's further the same as in GPL?

Hans

I just ordered GT Legends and got dispatched yesterday so if it arrives in time i will give this a go with absolutely no practice but how hard can these little bugs be :thumb:

I'll put you in Grant! Hopefully you got the disc in time!

And you're right, they're not that hard to handle, but that should make for a fun event with some close racing! :cool:

Right I just had a go with these and find that turning them is a complete nightmare for example when you come out of the pits the first sweeping left corner I steer full lock and the car does not go around the damn corner grrrr.

I have played with the Real feel plugin and to be honest I don’t really like it the wheel feels all floppy with it enabled and for some reason turning left seems to have no turning circle at all as the wheels hardly move and with absolutely no feedback I guess this is due to the settings but i don’t understand why they made this so damn complicated just to us to be honest?

As for the setup for this car has anyone done one as I also find that as soon as I brake from speed especially at the very tight right hander the backend just slides out of control sending me into a spin, I found the F1 cars easy to drive surely this is not how these cars handled in real life?

So does anyone have any tips for me as at this rate I will be lucky if I get past that first tight right hander without killing my car :)

I had exactly the same problem with turning, couldn't get out of the pits at all. I was using the recommended Historix setup of 900deg rotation. I eventually reduced the rotation to about 380deg, used the car upgrade option to select variable steering lock, increased it quite a bit, and finally it would turn.

As for the rear end letting go under brakes, I found I had to be careful not to downshift too early. If I drop the gear too soon, it's a gonner. The brakes seem to lock easily too.

I've attached my setup but I must warn you I am a complete nooby at rFactor so it may be hopeless, but at least I can turn corners now.

Attachments

• WAD1_Abarth_Rouen.svm
    3.8 KB · Views: 233
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back