rF2 Abarth @ Rouen Les Essarts - Friday 25th July 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good race Gents. That was my second ever online race which I enjoyed immensely. :) Went in to qually and tried to set up car until I saw pole was a 1.20. (gave up on that idea)
Used default setup for the race and started near the back. Made up a few places on the track, mainly due to other people running out of fuel eventually finishing 4th.

Congrats to Dave for winning.:thumb:
Thanks to everyone else.:clap2:
See you all at the next event.

First, sorry to those that I sent the setup to and they used, 2/3ltrs short, oops. ;-((

Had good fun until I ran out of fuel as I entered pitlane for my pitstop and realised I didn't have pitcrew push switched on, dozy fecher, end of race for me. The FOG aliens were always going to be too hard to catch though so I was just trying to keep those behind at bay rather than race the other worlders, Warren and Patrick felt like they were giving it a good go as every tiny mistake I made brought the gap down a bit never to be regained, lol, but a couple of the FOGees fell of to make my task a bit easier which made my fuel faux pas even harder to bear, hehe. It let me watch the battle between Warren and Patrick (excellent racing guys) though so it wasnt all a washout, so in the imortal words of General McArthur, "I shall return"

Sam

Thx for your setup Sam :becky: it wasnt your fault i was short of fuel.
I should have tested it myself . It was a great race so i dont care that i didnt make it. It was fun all the way and thats why we do this .:thumb:

Yep, there was obviously something wrong with the fuel estimates for this track. The estimated laps in the setup screen were a bit out. I realised my fuel was dropping too quick, so I actually pitted earlier than planned, added extra fuel in the pitstop, and still barely made it. Oh well, we live to learn, but still had fun. Those little Abarth's were quite different and enjoyable to drive.
How the FOG guys managed those times I have no idea, but they sure were fast. :thumb:

Don't know if that was aimed at me... but if it was: I might join in tonight, I don't fancy driving in the dark too much as I have a hard enough time driving when it's light! :D Depends if I can find some time this evening!
I would have loved to join the porsche race on thursday, but I have to work most thursday-evenings so I can rarely join races that day...

Is this mod better than GT Legends

I think it is.
Somehow the cars handle different and it feels more real to me, though I never raced any of these cars in real life. This mod just feels better than GTL. There's lots more skins available and of course there is loads of tracks to choose from in rFactor.

Do you have rFactor as well Traumatic? If so I would definately give it a try! :thumb:

When I tried to join to the server I got a "join timed out" or something error message. It was after the qualification has started. Is it enable only in GTR2 and GTL? I mean to connect to a server during the qualification.

When I tried to join to the server I got a "join timed out" or something error message. It was after the qualification has started. Is it enable only in GTR2 and GTL? I mean to connect to a server during the qualification.

You can connect to the server during quali Peter. The main reason for joined timed out is either your connection or not waiting for the server list to finish refreshing before clicking on join.

Try going to connect/settings and changing your connection speed to 128k, its always best to underestimate your connection speed. I am running on 8meg connection and have mine set to 128k and never have any issues.

Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years