rF2 Abarth Cup @ Buenos Aires No.5 - Fri 25 Feb 2022 *BA Trophy Finals*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Michael Rudolf

I was in the process of removing @Colin Peach 's penalty, when you mentioned it. I had to finish that, and start with your.
The problem is that I have to manually type in the whole command + the drivers name. I did try to just do the command and hope that it removed all penalties, but not.
When you headed to the pits I tried to honk at you (not that you would understand why), but I tried to keep you out on the track, I only needed to type in your last name and the penalty would've been gone.
You might not have seen it, but that's why I was struggling to keep the car in a straight line on the straights. My keyboard is behind my wheel, so I have to stretch over the wheel to type while driving.

If it is any good news... We'll not be using Buenos Aires for a loooooong while. The experiment with one track for a whole month was fine - but won't be repeated.
Also, I highly, highly doubt we'll use a layout with that last chicane ever again due to the penalty situation. It takes away so much concentration for me to type in admin commands while driving.

@Michael Rudolf

I was in the process of removing @Colin Peach 's penalty, when you mentioned it. I had to finish that, and start with your.
The problem is that I have to manually type in the whole command + the drivers name. I did try to just do the command and hope that it removed all penalties, but not.
When you headed to the pits I tried to honk at you (not that you would understand why), but I tried to keep you out on the track, I only needed to type in your last name and the penalty would've been gone.
You might not have seen it, but that's why I was struggling to keep the car in a straight line on the straights. My keyboard is behind my wheel, so I have to stretch over the wheel to type while driving.

If it is any good news... We'll not be using Buenos Aires for a loooooong while. The experiment with one track for a whole month was fine - but won't be repeated.
Also, I highly, highly doubt we'll use a layout with that last chicane ever again due to the penalty situation. It takes away so much concentration for me to type in admin commands while driving.
No worries mate, whole race was a mess anyway. First qualy I did spin stupidly being like half a second ahead of pole. Got spun in the race trying to get back up around P6 or so. Then got a penalty, not sure why. Second race again, penalty, fighting my way back to the you leaders, got attacked and nearly spun by a lapped car and finally got a penalty again not being able to serve it as was the last corner. Great fun :rolleyes:

Same procedure as always!
Results and standings after R4 & R5 of the Buenos Aires Trophy:)
As always, click on race 4 and 5 to see the results and stats from this race (like tyre choices, changes, fuel etc.)

Standings (All point scorers)
1645828485810.png

Extra Stats!! As I love statistics, I will keep update a total-stat as well. Where all 2022 race-stats will be uploaded. This is for no other reason than the fact that I just love all kind of stats! These can be found here:

That was way more fun than I thought it will be :)

FWD tends to be like that. Imagine if more people who don't really like it, had joined in! 20-25 Abarths on a track that takes about 1 min to race on. Woop Woop! :D

Btw @Colin Peach how did you manage to run out of fuel ... twice :roflmao:

In the results, you can see some stats. One of the race-specific stats are how much % fuel a car had when the green flag fell. I'm not saying more :)

. Btw @Colin Peach how did you manage to run out of fuel ... twice :roflmao:

Im blaming @Ole Marius Myrvold !! Hehe just kidding, after race 1 i put extra fuel in and a change of setup, when the server restarted it, it reverted back, i changed it again, but the server rebooted again and i forgot to check.. doh!!! Race 2 was really fun tho went from p13 to p5?
I seemed to have good pace and didnt drop of towards then end or the race And caught the 'pinkey train' which was really fun to watch.

This track has very weird track limits, its almost like they are drawn using straight lines and dont follow the track correctly at the last chicaine.
Also you dont seem to get any track limit warnings, just straight penalties, wich makes it hard to understand what your doing wrong.
Im reallllllly glad to see the back of it

The single class racing was fun tho, and the racing was really tight

This track has very weird track limits, its almost like they are drawn using straight lines and dont follow the track correctly at the last chicaine.
Also you dont seem to get any track limit warnings, just straight penalties, wich makes it hard to understand what your doing wrong.
As Ole said, must have something to do with the exit part of the chicane being considered as part of the pitlane or something. But it's weird for sure. Took all possible lines during practice and never gut a single warning, didn't even go really wide or cut a lot in the race and suddenly had a DT without any cut warnings before. Was a bit similar with the GT3s but there at least I had warning and could go more carful. There must be some issue with track limits or it's handled differently between the sessions. Unfortunate, could have been a lot more fun. Also can't expect @Ole Marius Myrvold taking away all the penalties while driving, thanks for trying anyway. I left a comment with the author, maybe it'll be improved.

@Herlev @Jimlaad43 @Michael Rudolf @Xalfy @akephoe @Hartmut2 @David Steinacher @Monkey T. @xoSx.Racing @Arkoudadis @Colin Peach @Morne Du Plooy

Is this a weird tag on an old race? Yes it is! So back in March I started recording and doing some video stuff, including some graphics etc. I put in a good amount of hours, and then the football-season started, and the little spare time I had was used for other things than video-editing. But as I had spent that many hours, I didn't want it to go to waste, so here it is. Finally some highlights and action! Better late than never. I did make an effort to show all drivers as well.

Some stats
Code:
Time Spent Recording Race 1: 1:30:24
Time Spent Recording Race 2: 1:24:39
Total Time Recording: 2:55:03
Total Length of Recording: 2:21:02 - 40GB

Rendering and Models: 0:54:19
Graphics: 10:05:11

Actual video editing
Premiere Pro Session 1: 2:34:36
Premiere Pro Session 2: 3:04:53
Premiere Pro Session 3: 0:36:57
Premiere Pro Session 4: 0:46:18
Premiere Pro Session 5: 1:35:38
Premiere Pro Session 6: 1:01:20
Premiere Pro Session 7: 6:39:44
Premiere Pro Session 8: 3:33:26
Premiere Pro Session 9: 3:04:11
Premiere Pro Session 10: 7:04:40
Premiere Pro Session 11: 0:53:16

Total Time Spent: 44:49:35.

@Herlev @Jimlaad43 @Michael Rudolf @Xalfy @akephoe @Hartmut2 @David Steinacher @Monkey T. @xoSx.Racing @Arkoudadis @Colin Peach @Morne Du Plooy

Is this a weird tag on an old race? Yes it is! So back in March I started recording and doing some video stuff, including some graphics etc. I put in a good amount of hours, and then the football-season started, and the little spare time I had was used for other things than video-editing. But as I had spent that many hours, I didn't want it to go to waste, so here it is. Finally some highlights and action! Better late than never. I did make an effort to show all drivers as well.

Some stats
Code:

Actual video editing

excellent work! maby we should try again with the new track limit system!! happy Christmas all

Some stats
Code:

Actual video editing

Great work, thanks for putting that togteher! Unfortunately probably my worst race all year :roflmao:

Oh what a memory, making that perfect record of 1 pole, 1 lap led, 1 win.

Thanks for the video and the work, that was good!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back