AC Abarth 500 S1 @ Donington National - Thu 19 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Done a bit of testing. 5 second penalty system seems to be out of order. It's engaging penalties for fully using the curb.

This is very dangerous as your tires get used up, the car tends to go wider and wider, which means you'll be sort of picking up penalties a lot. It's also inproper if you try to brake early and by a mistake use too much of an inside curb, you get hit by the penalty again. It ruins the entire experience this little bug in the track. I'd suggest running without the 5 second penalty system for this race, since there is no way to gain time by cutting any part of the track. Not even last chicane as there is a sand trap.

For what I know, running wide on the exit curb costs enough time by itself, especially if you get on the grass too.

@Cayd Breslin no problem. I cant even remember what incident you may be talking about right now :). I'm pretty sure that this was the first time driving the s1 version of the car...and I still havent found a consistent way of getting around that track :(. I did have a good view of @Akis Kevrekidis & @Axel Moebius race to the finish line.

Penalties on this track are frustrating. Saved skids a few times only to get penalties because it seems they have decided that curbs are not part of the track.

Knew I was going to be no match for the EU Aliens, but I enjoyed the track time!

Honestly these penalties made it very interesting. Sort of city track feeling. Good race @Ömer Köse .
Sry to the guy1 I hit lapping him. (driver names off to see road ahead when lapping people). There was nowhere to go. Corner was blind and I was blocked by the other guy2. I guess he (guy2) didn't fancy to lift off before the corner as he was in the battle too. So, I was gonna gruel my way back from that. Inspired by Audi's Le Mans team. :p
Got lucky 2 laps before the end at old hairpin. Very fair play to Omer not blocking the race line right there. :thumbsup:

Bad Race for me Blew two engines by going for 4th gear and getting 2nd:cry:.Which caused a couple of incidents:redface:,Sorry about that,Apart from my bad gear changes it was great fun.Thanks guys,:thumbsup:.Hope i didn't ruin anyones race:cautious:.

Started 13th, best position was 7th or 8th:) finished 10th after I also blew my engine!:confused: So not too bad for this "50yr Old Dawg" also considering not much time in car and track

@Fred Locklear indeed you had a first row view and that helped me a bit I think :D

@Akis Kevrekidis I watched the replay last night and then realized I was just slow enough to allow you to get a run out of that one corner. I didn't realize till over halfway through the lap I had some leaders coming through. At that point, I really had no place to let you guys through...plus I felt if I would have done something unexpected I would end up crashing the two of you out.

I really need to figure out your guys secret to getting around that track. I'm starting to think that my throttle pedal spring needs less tensioning to get a little bit better throttle control or something.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%