AC Abarth 500 Assetto Corse @ Brands Hatch Indy - Monday 21st December

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Yes! Fun as always :thumbsup: Had a bad start as I was pushed off track although I was holding my line on the straight to the second turn :O_o: But decided to fight back from last place and was very satisfied to reach P8 with some clean overtakes :) (one was bad but was punished anyway)
Can't wait to race the little one again :geek:
Thanks @Tobias Röhner for my very late appereance:cool: but was very close to be not able to attend at all! Daughter doesn't want to sleep and wife not feeling well :(

Good race all. Twice when coming through the S before the final turn I lost it and went off :(. Otherwise it went well. I just need to eliminate those offs so I can try and battle with everyone else up front!

I don't know what is happened in the 2nd turn on first lap, i was hit to avoid another crash in front of me. Oh and i think i've hit @Herbie when i tried to return on the track:thumbsdown:. Sorry for that. However the 500 are always fun. See you next time

Yes! Fun as always :thumbsup: Had a bad start as I was pushed off track although I was holding my line on the straight to the second turn :O_o: But decided to fight back from last place and was very satisfied to reach P8 with some clean overtakes :) (one was bad but was punished anyway)
Can't wait to race the little one again :geek:
Thanks @Tobias Röhner for my very late appereance:cool: but was very close to be not able to attend at all! Daughter doesn't want to sleep and wife not feeling well :(
Thank @Matheus Machado , not me. He hosted the thing for me as I wasn't home :) Anyway, real life does come up sometimes, so that's cool.

Hey guys thanks for the great race... I really learned something today. This is the story of my race:

I was very satisfied with my qualy time (6th) and I had confidence that I could drive consistent lap times. There was nothing I worried about. Race started and I lost two places because I tend to take the first corners very carefully... no big deal. Pushing against Tommi and Matheus. Then came the third lap with the left right combo before Clearways. I lifted the gas pedal due to the cars in front of me and my back broke out during the left hand corner. What the f...? I thought grip level was maybe lower but ok. Next lap the same, almost lost the rear again. What in gods name is going on? I drove 30 laps in training/quali with no problem. I asked about grip level and was told it is 100%. Next lap same issue. Maybe I changed my setup accidently? Next lap the same, then I lost confidence in my car and was afraid to approach the left/right combo. A few more laps someone bumped into my back at Paddock and I was barely able to control my Abarth, but at that point my nerves were all on edge. I began to sweat, made mistakes in other corners, especially at Graham Hill, and every lap I thought "Not that f...... left/right combo again." The car felt like an alien machine to me and I lost a few more places as I just had no confidence in anything. Short before the end of the race I thought what could be the reason, and I remembered how I used weight transfer in Silverstone national to get through that one corner faster. Weight transfer... oh my... thats it. I don't need to go slower through that small left corner, but faster. Well not full throttle but just lift the gas pedal slightly so that not too much weight goes to front and rear wheels have enough grip to keep the back in line. Yeahhh it worked, and from one second to the other everything was fine and I was driving like in the quali. Unfortunately that was in the 27th of 28 laps :)

DLDR
Race: I screwed up.
Lessons learned: Think more about weight transfer.
Fun: Albeit my mixed feelings during the race, looking back at the whole thing it was fun. 10/10 would race again.

Good night and merry christmas to all of you.

Timo

Last edited:
I hear you about the weight transfer.
In practice you can try and be careful doing things and plan for the weight shifting. When I went off the two times (at the same place), I was lifting and braking at places different than from practice/qualifying because I was battling with someone else. I know now, that I need to back off a little there so I can get through that corner unscathed, and get the person in front somewhere else in the lap.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%