Abarth 131 VS Cobra 289 @ Lakeside Raceway - Tuesday May 4th

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyermix.jpg

cobravs131.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Cobra 289 VS Fiat Abarth 131
Class Note: The Cobra 289 is the BLACK one (#873), not the green or blue one.
Track: Lakeside Raceway
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 22 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only
Note3: You must choose a different make of car for each race. The order in which you drive them will be assigned based on the order of sign-ups. Starting with the Cobra for myself, and alternating onwards down the list.
Note4: I don't know if they will help or hinder, but here they are...My setups for both cars.

Attachments

• CDCobra289v2.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 293
  • CDAbarth131v2.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 265
Entry List

1. Carlos Diaz - Cobra
  2. Senad Subasic - Abarth
  3. Hans Sneep - Cobra
  4. Roman Kruszewski - Abarth
  5. Ondrej Kapal - Cobra
  6. Jack Smith - Abarth
  7. Knut Omdal Tveito - Cobra
  8. Philip Brown - Abarth
  9. Dana Ciul - Cobra
  10. Amir Margalit - Abarth
  11. Stuart Thomson - Cobra
  12. Avi El - Abarth
  13. Rickard Norgren - Cobra
  14. Thord Jonsson - Abarth
  15. Tim Kaars - Cobra
  16. Bob Hutchins - Abarth
  17. Driver
  18. Driver

I am sure that you..........Carlos, but maybe it is Fun so I be there (I must be out of my head,lol)

Cobra to start with?

You are sure that I am crazy? Or not crazy?
Which is it? hehe

The Cobra is not so bad with my setup Hans, Just make sure you brake early and try to downshift a little later. If you downshift too early while the revs are high it will upset the Cobra a bit and hurt your entry line. You can start hitting the gas pretty early through the corner, so it should be pretty safe.

BTW Hans, you have improved quite a bit in the past few weeks :thumb:

Wow. Total surprise pairing. (Carlos doesn't actually let me know ahead of time what his events will be so it's a nice surprise for me each week).

It looks a total mismatch on paper. But I know Carlos does extensive testing for all these events and wouldn't throw these together if it didn't work, so I'm totally intrigued how it's going to pan out.

Definite sign up here, please.

Thanks for trusting me, Thommo lol. I just wish I had two more guys to help me do the testing. Last time I drove both the Daytona and the 904/4 to almost identical times at Melbourne, only to find out I was driving the Daytona too damn slow lol!

I hope I drove these cars close enough to their potential best times.

But remember, it's not all about the lap times. You have to be able to drive them well for 22 laps. Both of these cars can bite you in their own unique ways. So lap times alone will only tell one piece of the story. Consistency is just as important.

All drivers - please be aware:

There is a new system in place for reporting incidents, and a new scale that will be used for punishment of those incidents. It will be viewable to all drivers via the rankings system that was also recently put in place. We will we using a License & Infraction system, and the details can be read here.

Previously, the Staff felt that people were sometimes discouraged from reporting incidents as the only possible punishment was a month long ban, which might have been perceived as too draconian. Now, there is a far more scalable set of punishments which will not necessarily result in an instant ban, but which can be used to monitor who you are driving with.

The staff are asking you, indeed encouraging you, to please use the system, as only with use will it have the desired effect of raising driving standards.

If, after the recommended "review - 24hr cool off - review again" cycle, you still feel that you need to report an incident where you were disadvantaged or your race was ruined, you should send the event organiser a PM with all the relevant details.

As always, accusations and negative comment in the post event thread will not work in anyone's favour, so please use the system that we have put in place.

I have had more time to work on the setups for both cars and have come up with some that I feel are slightly better than the ones I originally posted. I have attached "v2" to the end of the file names to help you guys tell them apart in case you prefer the first ones.

Look in the first post to get them.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 188 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing