abarth_1000_TCR_Bernimotori_4.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: Abarth 1000TCR
Track: Lime Rock Park / Portland 1970 / Castle Combe Chicaned
Weather: 14.00 in-game race time
Practice: 15 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 16 lap
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: the add-on Abarth sounds are needed to run this mod properly. Download here
Note3: Please choose the car and livery you will be using - unique choices only please.
Note4: These cars are a lot quicker than the standard Abarths. Depending on the results we get here, I might use this and the NSU as the two cars in another "team" event, so please turn out if you can.

My memory of actual events is all fuzzy by now....but i clearly remember brilliant little cars on 3 rare jewels of tracks :good:.

Limerock: Got a peach of a getaway and enjoyed nice close action instantly but all with no touching and room and respect always given,eventually got through to 2nd and begin the hunt down of Sammy boy :p,he started having a couple of wobblers that coincided with me putting in a nice series of fast laps resulting in me getting right on his tail,another little wobbler let me get alongside,and after a few turns of side by side fun i made it stick,always loved that track and its usually always good to me in return :).

Portland: A completely new track experience for me but i loved every lap of that race,another Sam J setup this time as well really made a stable little platform to properly "race" with :good:,really enjoyable passes and again the required space and respect given and taken,memorable moments with Thommo and DC :good:.

CastleChicaned: I thought i hadnt driven this track before as well,but soon realised i have from a Mini Friday event there where i had quite a good run,loaded me Sam J LRP setup as advised by the big fella himself and all felt good and going nice pace...Good Times.......off with another good start and again its instant battle stations time! :good: :D,main memory is what seemed like a very long tussle with Amir side by side turn after turn,it was crazy i tells yaz!!...i very good kind of crazy though :p,after a few exchange of places and plenty on the edge tenacious dicing Amir made something stick and i was just composing myself again to commence battle when it happened........a big surprise to me that,i was sure from my view i didnt hit anything,but i suddenly had impact at the first chicane and dont have a clue what happened next tbh,i now know the poor bugger behind was Thommo who clearly had no option but a collision with my stricken wreckage,sorry sir :(,i trundled around in Coco the clowns car,i sort of perversely got some pleasure from that even,relearning driving a wobbling disaster :p,managed to have another chicane incident at the second chicane,this time im positive i was clear of touching anything from my veiwpoint....honest guv'..... ;).

Many Thanks to all the gent racers i had the good close stuff with,which i think was almost everyone at some point :good:.

Big Thanks Thommo and RD :good:.
I think safe to say we will see the return of these ferocious little pups in the future? :D.

when it happened........a big surprise to me that,i was sure from my view i didnt hit anything,but i suddenly had impact at the first chicane and dont have a clue what happened next tbh,i now know the poor bugger behind was Thommo who clearly had no option but a collision with my stricken wreckage,sorry sir :(
Not your fault guv. :good:

I think there's a kerb / lip on the first part of the chicane, and that throws your rear around and into the other side barrier. It looked a little like that from behind, anyway. Your rear seemed to jerk right, and left you pointing at the barrier rather than inside it.

I think safe to say we will see the return of these ferocious little pups in the future? :D.

They have already been added as a TC65 car in the Le Mas Du Clos Full Field event on the 17th and are one of the possible choices in the Laguna Seca Team event on 19th.

So, yes, it's safe to say they will become a fixture in the GTL Club as they're quick, but still well balanced in the expanded TC65 group.

I wasn't sure what to expect from last night as I'd not long finished a new PC build with Windows 7 and hadn't really tested it out or tried the new Abarths.

First problem came straight away when the sound cut out but a quick re-boot seemed to solve that. Race one and I was way off the pace as my wheel felt far too loose so was a bit all over the place.

Made a few adjustments and it was better for race two, ran around 4th or 5th place and was starting to get a feel for the car now.

Race three and as I went out for super-pole the game crashed. Just got reloaded in time to put in a nice qualy for pole. Car really feeling good now and I was able to blast away with Knut in chase. Good fun race for the first half until I picked up a stop and go. Came back, ran over some grass and got another one straight away - oh well.

Grew to like these little monsters over the night so I'm sure we'll see them again.

Bit nervous about the crash as GTL has always been pretty solid for me before. Rooting around in the system logs informed me that a Data Execution Prevention error had been thrown by the game crash. So I think I'll run GTL with DEP turned off in the future. Anybody else running with 7 got any other tips e.g. Running it in Window XP compatibility mode? Think I'll actually pose this question over on the Window 7 thread to keep it all together.

realy enjoyed last night's race. good clean battles all the way. another reminder to why i chose gtl over gtre.
during race one i just couln't control the car. started well but sam and gary were much faster then me and passed me rather easily. then i tried to follow them but couldn't keep up with their hot pace. i setteld for 3rd and then came this new boy ( for me) haba and just passed like i was standind and not driving. realy impressive driivng haba.
the most momerable one is the second race, i had a good start made a mistake and started again from last. then a good clean and very close fight with knut. as always a good fight between us until i got too close to knut hit him and made him spun. sorry knut. i waited and we rejoined after stuart carlos tom and babji. that was awsome. many passes until i manged to pass all of them and stuart and me were left to do our own battle for the last lap, i put a lot of pressure but couldn't pass stu and we both finished with a very small gap between us. very good drive stuart.

the last race i found myself having a "brutal " fight with gary for 2nd place with david infront. this time i decided to give it all . i was faster then race 1 and decided to give gary a run for his money. many passes betewen us and this time i was the one who stayed infront. then gary had his moment and i was chasing and catching david. at one point it got too close so i had to stop real hard in order to avoid contact and then lost it and rejoined 6 seconds behind david. i thought it was all gone and then david got into the pits to do his stop and go and i went on to the win:).
thank you all for a one of the best nights a rd and for all of you who didn't join-you missed a very good event. :good:
btw can someone please upload the replay of the races?

some TCR pics

Attachments

• lime1.jpg
    lime1.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 190
  • lime2.jpg
    lime2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 203
  • lime3.jpg
    lime3.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 191
  • lime4.jpg