Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyertc65.jpg

greenhellvln.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: Fiat Abarth 1000TC & Jaguar MKII
Track: Nordschleife (VLN Layout)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Qualification: 30 min Note: It would take too long to qualify due to the length of the track and the fact that the first lap is an outlap (untimed). Therefor we will have a 30 minute qualification session before each race. Unlimited laps. I know that we will spend more time in qualy than racing, but the practice is needed on this track.
Race: 2 x 2 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: We will be using two skinpacks. One for the Jag, found HERE.
And the sprintpack for the Abarth, found HERE.
Note3: You must choose a different make of car for each race. The order in which you drive them will be assigned based on the order of sign-ups. Starting with the Jaaaaaag for myself, and alternating onwards down the list.

Thoroughly enjoyed that :)

If we keep events like that once a month, it'll be a cracking series. Good choice of vehicles for first time out, too.

The total difference in style etc required made it really enjoyable and pretty dicey for the first few minutes. (Apparently, you can't use the Abarths braking points for the Jaaaaaag - who knew?)

Had some nice racing in both the events - when you're in the Abarth you're praying for some twisty bits, in the Jaaaaaag you want the straights to never end - but some issues between the wheel and the chair(!) meant I spent too much time in the extensive herbaceous borders to do too well, but then that's not necessarily the point round the Ring.

Looking forward to next month's Ring concoction...

Thanks Carlos & RD.

During all this Lenno managed to get by but a few corners later I went in too fast and lost the back end and into the fence I went. As I then tried to get back on track the next thing I knew an Abrath had hit me, must have driven straight onto his racing line, very sorry for that whoever it was, and now feeling a bit tried and almost last I decided to wait for Jack and drove the rest of the race with him.

Well Bob that was me in my pour little Abarth ,impossible to avoid you an went strait in to your big Jag ,bending my steering an from that on I was bouncing along the track as somebody mention in the chat room:"it was if he had to much beer"lol, but Bob these sings can happen in racing so no problem.

To my big surprise I was on place 7 in the Jag beat my PB with 10sec to 11.20 after looking to the time sheet an notice a time beneath 11.00 min ( Knut !) I was still happy ,in the race had some fights with Carlos,
lost the battle but not the race,in the last lap (glad only 2 laps) after some offs Stu get by an was back on place 7 On the last strait I get side by side with Stu but did not try to pass afraid I sent both of us off so fines the race place 7 pretty happy with that !

The Abarth ,was a bit less good starting on place 10 but had a great start again with Carlos until my collision with Bob after that made live of Tim a bit difficult an fines place 11 .

All an All a great event with a big starting field an great racing moments. Thanks Carlos for setting this up looking out to the next race on the Nords an hooping this will bring even more guys to Germany:)

Well, first let me say that I am shocked and pleased with these race reports. I was afraid that too many of us might find the races overly lonely with little to no battles. I must say that I was not expecting to have as much fun as I did myself. I was not lonely at all in either of the races.

In race one I had a great time, first trying to catch Hans while we were running 6th and 7th. Just as I was getting close to him (nice line Hans BTW) I missed my braking point, nearly took Hans out (tapped him though) and went up a hill lol. as I reach the top of the hill my door bell rings!! I figure that my car will stay on the hill so I run to get the door. When I come back I had gone from 7th to 13th and my Jaaaaaag was parked on the road!! Thankfully none of you smacked into it lol. Sorry about that roadblocking incident BTW guys, I thought my car would stay off the track long enough for me to open the door.
Then I managed to make my way back up to 10P and the battle with Bob began. He would get close enough to reach out and touch me during the bends but the Jaaaaaag would pull away in the straights. That went on for most of the last lap until the finish line. Thankfully Bob's TC didn't have a slightly taller gear and an extra 2HP, cuz if so I would've been toast lol.

Race 2 starts and I make it through the first couple of turns with only some minors bumps here and there. Then I am having some fun with Hans until a jag up ahead is seen doing some aerial acrobatics and I believe this distracted Hans a bit and I got past. Then I get caught and passed by Thommo and I proceed to do to him what Bob was doing to me in race 1 lol. At some point Stu has a small off though and I get past. So now I am running 5th and I get a little too happy about that and I get a bit distracted myself, go a bit too wide coming out of a right hander, my rear tires grab some grass and this launches my little TC towards the right side fence. This lets Thommo and David get by. I start the chase after David and a little while later he has a small off and I get by. But then I had to make a small stop at the NGK Shikane to make sure that the sand was nicely compacted lol, and David gets by again. I spent the rest of the race trying to close in on David. I got really close one time but screwed it up and got too far from him to catch him again. He was driving the Jag great and I was driving the TC too hard and making all kinds of mistakes.

Had loads of fun!

Because of the turnout and the results, I WILL be bringing her back. Next time with slightly faster cars. I will send out a Racing Club Message far in advance letting you all know of the car choices. That way you guys have ample time to drive it at the track and get acquainted. I am not sure exactly how long before the next Nords event though. Could be from 4 to 8 weeks. But I will let you all know at least two weeks in advance about it.

Thank you all for showing up!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back