Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyertc65.jpg

greenhellvln.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM TC65
Class: Fiat Abarth 1000TC & Jaguar MKII
Track: Nordschleife (VLN Layout)
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Qualification: 30 min Note: It would take too long to qualify due to the length of the track and the fact that the first lap is an outlap (untimed). Therefor we will have a 30 minute qualification session before each race. Unlimited laps. I know that we will spend more time in qualy than racing, but the practice is needed on this track.
Race: 2 x 2 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: We will be using two skinpacks. One for the Jag, found HERE.
And the sprintpack for the Abarth, found HERE.
Note3: You must choose a different make of car for each race. The order in which you drive them will be assigned based on the order of sign-ups. Starting with the Jaaaaaag for myself, and alternating onwards down the list.

That was awesome. Really enjoyed being able to race this track with some excellent drivers.

Race one I qualied 3rd and basically drive round lap one in formation. Lap two Gary 'Lazarus' Lennon was right on me and hustled my Morse-Mobile for all it was worth. My less than ideal setup with medium gearign meant Gary was able to pass me on the straight and I though that was that. However, he went too deep in the final bends and I sneaked home to maintain my 3rd place start slot.

Race2 I made 3rd again and was in second at turn one thanks to an awesome start. I tried to keep up with Knut but he was too quick. My eagerness led to em having too many mistakes and after a few spins and near rolls I came home a happy 5th.

I hope everyone enjoyed tonight as much as I did - the Ring is a true challenge of skill and I was glad to see so many signed up. A big thanks to Carlos for making this happen!

That was something truly special

I turned up early today to work on my relationship with the Jaguar. After some more damper tweaks it felt much more nimble and agile. At the end it flowed really nice and I was able to get pole position. At the starting line I was begging for first turn to go smoothly. I got of to a good start and braked a bit early for T1. I got through alright and could start breathing again. Hereafter I looked closely in mirrors and started pushing. I managed to open up a gap and had two lovely laps.

The last time I drove the Abarth was on Sunday I think. Today it really caught me by surprise after many laps with the Jaguar. Such lovely turn-in and the amount of speed you can have through the corners is amazing. An incredible machine this Abarth. The race ended up pretty similar to the first one, but just as fun.

This has to be one of the greatest events for me. What a lovely track

Many thanks to Carlos and RD:thanks:

Well this was my first venture onto the ring. Also I have never driven either car but have driven the TCR. Race 1 Abrath TC and quailed at the back of the field. After the start I thought I would keep Jack company so held back before we entered the green hell. After a few corners I thought this was a mistake as Jack seem to be inspired in the Jagggg. As we continued on lap 1 I was just tickled pink at watching Jack throw the jag all over the place getting some huge tank slappers. On lap 2 in the infield I over took jack as he seemed to have a handle on things and set off to test myself. I had a great time and as much fun as you can have and managed to finish the race.

Race 2 in the Jaggg, after a great start and taking a few places before T1, mostly Abarth's, slowed it all down to take the corner when all of a sudden a Abrath came fly through the crowd and I don't know how he managed not to hit anyone. I think I was now in 5th or something and we all headed onto the ring. Just on the tight right hander David made his move and managed to squezee by. As we headed down the hill and a couple of corner later I saw David flip his jag and all I could do was to drive straight for it and as it came towards me it bounced of my bonnet, few. During all this Lenno managed to get by but a few corners later I went in too fast and lost the back end and into the fence I went. As I then tried to get back on track the next thing I knew an Abrath had hit me, must have driven straight onto his racing line, very sorry for that whoever it was, and now feeling a bit tried and almost last I decided to wait for Jack and drove the rest of the race with him.

Thanks Carlos for a very interesting club race, loved the cars and the track. Grts to Knut on winning both races and thanks to all that showed up tonight to make it a very large field.

I agree.. excellent time. A milestone for me... first event not finishing in last place. A big part of my improvement is gonig to be learning how to tweak the cars. In the start of the second race I bumped someone in the first turn at the back of the pack and press the wrong quick chat replys. I said everything but sorry. Later on I was doing ok for me when I went over a guard rail and had to drive 1/8 mile to get back on the track. Steering now a mess. I quickly fell to pieces and went off the track atleast three more times and had to restart the engine each time. Talk about relativity and time slowing down....Thanks to Bob for hanging with me and we had a photo finish with me just edging him out at the finish, not really.
Thanks to Carlos for all his effort.

Der event wast Wuderbar! :D.

Managed to tumble in to the server with bout 57secs of qual left,i decided i wouldnt make a lap of Nords in that time so looked forward to starting 15th,my setup consisted of putting the gears to max long and a tweak of brake bias and diff and away we go,off the line well and took what i could down to T1 and no probs at all,i actually cant remember much but seemed to get many places quite early on,got to 4th and got on with reeling in Tom and had some fine moments racing with him to the line,as Tom said i had the job done for 3rd with a real shocker down the straight when i found out my Abarth was capable of really blasting the Jag with the assistance of a little bit o draft,a squiffy final chicane handed the podium back to Tom.

5th place off the line in the Jaaaaaag and a decent enough start and steady as we go around T1 and all looking good,suddenly a wee Abarthy arrived and there was a bit of clatter,couple of places lost,but certainly no disaster :),steadily worked my way back in the game,and again like race one,i dont really know what happened,but somehow i was in 3rd and closed up on Martin in his Jaaaaaag!!,had a good tussle with him all through the last lap,but just didnt get a move done that i could make stick,but high enjoyment trying ;).

Quality match up of cars tonight Carlos many thanks to you and RD (maybe the start of a "Nords 2 Cars Face-Off" run of evento's?) ;)).

That was a super event! I had not driven either car before, but I am sold, especially the little TC !

Race 1) Had one of my better qualis in the Jaaaag, but messed up the start by selecting the pit limiter to on, ( where's my checklist) Anyway, the bottom line was I rounded Turn 1 in pretty much last place. Never the less, there was lots of good racing to be had as everyone was very completive right down the field. I eventually made my way up to mid pack where Roman and I pushed each other along to the end, finished 8th

Race 2) Again a pretty good qualification in 6th, and was determined to make up for the 1st start. Unfortunately, I was eaten alive by the 3 Jags around me on the run down to T1. What happened next was a classic case of "I missed my braking point, and I'm going to hit the guy in front of me, so maybe I will try and make the pass" up the inside, At first, I thought I might get away with it as there was "sort of" a hole and what looked like day light, until it filled with the right bumper of Bob's Jag and Gary's!

After the crunch, momentum carried me across the track and onto the grass...Time out... I rejoined in 13th or 14th with my tail between my legs. Once again, made the best of it, and had a good time with my little Abarth skating along to 9th place. Great racing everyone, and again, sorry Gary and Bob, thanks for being so gracious about it.

Congratulations to Knut and the other podium finishers and great job Carlos and RD, I think it was a good call to mix up the cars, will see everyone next week I hope!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%