Class: Abarth 1000TC
Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife Click here to download
Skinpack: click here to download Stu-Art's 9 pack
Weather: Dry
Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 5 laps
Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: We don't leave the server but stay untill the end, what ever happens

Ok, I arrived home just on time. Didn't have much practice for this one and oh my God 'what a mistake to make' (Italian accent)
I had 2 laps of pure fun chasing down Bert and Hans. At the start of the 2nd lap I was ahead of them but at the second high speed part I hit the grass and there went my little Abarth. Straight into the barrier and instant death as result :( The first BBQ on the Nordschleiffe this year (on my toasted Abarth).
Respect to the drivers who made the finish! You really earn that shirt :)

Only 11 drivers sows up I think,little disappointed for the originators of this
event.(download the replay to see what you have mist) .

I my sign up I stated "I have a love-hate relation with this track" in training on my one good not get 1 timed lap (cut track laptime not count! S##T) so my expectation where not hi,mist the time change for the race start so I was early on track,with a few guys thinking were are the rest of the guys? using the time to do some laps and more laps so round 22.00 (My time) the guys joining in. Training started,so more laps,in 30 min. you can only do 2 laps.

Bram explain that you must take the short cut so your laptime starts immediate

Start the race on place 9 and was good under way the rest was to fast for me bud some little fights with Bert and Kris,there was only one thing on my mind"I will Finnish this Race so keep the car in one piece at the and of the race I had the feeling my tyer's are square and my steering was that good eader,but I bring back the car to the finnish, on place 8 to urn my Tshirt.

Thanks guys for racing

Hans

Was a great race last night:)

Had a good qualy and got pole position. But check out the rankings for fastest lap time though:rotfl: Well done Ryan.

I was a little slower during the race though and Bram and Ryan was clearly quicker and cought me. Was checking my mirrors too often after Klostertal and went on the grass/kerb during braking. They went past me and the gap was continuously increasing after that.

Ryan disconnected though and on second lap Bram had a spin through Exmühle. Was first for a couple of secs:) Through Bergwerk he was a lot quicker and drove past me up the hill.

From then on I cruised to 2nd. Wish a was a bit faster so that we could have had some more battling Bram! Well maybe next time. Congrats Bram with the t-shirt and being King of the ring:
WWF_King_of_the_Ring_GBC_ScreenShot1.gif

Thanks for setting up this event. Next time we should have more laps. I'm really keen on a GTL endurance race after seing the Paul Ricard race in R07. Not sure how many others would like that though:)

Haha, oops. I remember that. I went off on my lap around the GP circuit so decided to cut across again a second time, thinking it wouldn't count it. But aaargh it did! I had to quickly quit out and rejoin. Sorry Ramon. I messed up your scoreboard :(

• Bert Van Waes

Little short race report:

Ok, Couldn't get a proper lap in in qualify because i had 2 shortcuts in my racing line. Eh no problem, this was a race for fun and driving together on that massive track...

So i start, ahum, start.... I had it again, i left the shift gear in first when pushing start so the moment the lights turn on my engine is still down. And me looking for the button haha, always forget it. And then make sure you don't do nothing or it dies again, you know.:rotfl:

Anyway. Got it going while seeing the rest entering the first corner but could catch up quite fast to some and had a great first lap with Stuart and someone else. I noticed i was faster on the second half of the first lap and could catch some ground on Stuart. But near the end of the first lap and just for the big straight i decide to try and pass him, on a rather impossible point perhaps, stupid me...

gtl2009052716515982.png

I go on the inside and went next to him but clearly i am totally wrong placed to make the next part of the curve, i pass him while he snaps my back. We both fly in the barriers and i go airborne. Luckily Stuart had his head figured out and could avoid me a second time by flying under me. He even waited for me, although i made a rather silly move and should shame myself for that. Tx Stuart:)

gtl2009052716575587.png

Being GTLegends this Abarth wasn't death yet. And i could race on. In lap 2 the moment we enter the nordschleife section i'm right On Stuart's tail again. But the car suddenly takes alot of oversteer and i fly again...

gtl2009052716592981.png

Lol, Suspension damaged now though. A full lap and then going in in the pit. Hupla, it seems i picked up a stop/go too with some damage whilst trying to get there... So firts stop/go, taking the little track and coming wright in for the damage, i had another stop/go speeding pitlane i think...
By then i was alread doubled and had to come in third so... That pretty much was it for me, but boy that was fun, the ring in a rather slow but competitive car. We need to do it again!:skywalker:

gtl2009052717031251.png

gtl2009052716493137.png

gtl2009052716475523.png

Greets

• Bert Van Waes

Very cool! The track works great on these old cars, it's really working to get to that start/finish every time...

I love it:laugh2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back