Class: Abarth 1000TC
Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife Click here to download
Skinpack: click here to download Stu-Art's 9 pack
Weather: Dry
Start: 20:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 5 laps
Note 1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note 2: We don't leave the server but stay untill the end, what ever happens

No, that was you saying yes to my question regarding the event length, but my question was directed at the event organiser.

Even though I'm pretty sure we will end up being correct, neither you nor I can say confirm or deny race lengths in someone elses event, can we?

• Tim Kaars

Hi Stuart,

I will be happy to join the event.
So asking you kindly to put me on the gridlist.

A BIG thank you,
Tim.

I'm going to have to pull out of this race since I've been unable to join multiplayer with the GTL disc I got bundled with GTR2. Sorry.

John, you should have received two code numbers with your game. One is the Starforce copy protection code, and the other is the on-line code. Make sure you use the on-line code for multiplayer access. I can't remember where it is in the GTR2 / GTL combo pack, but I think it was attached inside the case somewhere.
If you have found the on-line code and it won't accept it, make sure you are typing the code exactly as it says, sometimes the U's and V's look the same. Try both.

If you don't have a code supplied with it, I do remember some problems originally where the game was released in the US (not the combo pack though) without including the code. It was solved by the supplier providing a code for the US guys, but I don't remember where it was located or if it is still available.

Maybe this helps, dunno.

YouTube link to follow of the video (back straight and start/finish straight faded out to meet YouTube video length requirement)

EDIT: Youtube uploaded :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3wjs-LCzp0[/ame]

The lap is good but I do four things that I would recommend you don't do :D.

1) Don't slide into the first corner haha (or do because it's fun)
2) Don't clout the kerb at Flugplatz and scare yourself (well that's fun too)
3) Don't get so close to the grass heading into the downhill hairpin (Arteberger?) soon after (plain scary)
4) Don't go on the grass heading into Galgonkopfen (plain silly)

Apart from that you should be fine :D. If you can somehow put that nice glow I have on the video into the game then even better :D

I'm going to have to pull out of this race since I've been unable to join multiplayer with the GTL disc I got bundled with GTR2. Sorry.

John, I don't know how you have progressed with this, but I did some more searching for you.
If you didn't receive an on-line code with your game, this thread at NG may have the answer:
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32587&highlight=multiplayer+code

Especially post number 14. You should be able to get a code from Viva Media.

John, I don't know how you have progressed with this, but I did some more searching for you.
If you didn't receive an on-line code with your game, this thread at NG may have the answer:
http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32587&highlight=multiplayer+code

Interesting post that one over at No-Grip, call me a sceptic, but I had no issues with any Simbin titles except maybe GTR on first purchace but that was just getting a Starforce update, but then again I didnt purchace mine from Pirate Bay :).

In Johns case with GTR2/GTL combo pack I recon I might have read similar issue on RSC, there was a post from memory with a fair few asking the same question, SimBin really need to sort this out though now they are hosting the servers, someone there needs to support it.

Um. I've been having troubles with my connection speed over the last couple of days, so i'm not sure how it'll hold up with a decent field over a long track like Nurburgring. If the spots fill up, I'll step aside as I dont want to risk having a slow connection, and lagging and wrecking someones race.

If the spots don't fill up, i'll have a dip, and wander around and check the speed.

At 5/6am on a Sunday morning, I'm reasonably confident it will be fine. In any case, I'm doing some work on my PC tonight to try and rectify/find any issues that could be causing it at my end before I go to my ISP and get my connection speed upped.

Cheers

Glenn

Whahah this is just too weird... For the last 2 weeks i've been unable to run under 11 minutes @ nords, was a real struggle.
So today i was over at nogrip and saw a soundpack for the Abarth, installed it and I felt instantly quicker...and guess what; took 14 seconds off my PB and finally came under 11 minutes...woohooo

Guess the engine sound pitch makes me feel faster...
Just wanted to share my joy, cheers

Thanks for the help Warren. I sent my purchse info to Viva Media last week but still havent heard from them. They used to have an automated GTL site that would provide you with an online code, but it appears to be gone now. I probably wont be getting any help from them till after this US holiday weekend. Oh, and the codes in the DVD box are not for GTL online play.

Take my name off the list of provisionals, just can't seem to get on with this combo, (flamebait comment coming:rotfl:) love/hate relationship with the 'schleife and the Abarth has never been a car I would choose to run if I had the choice, so I suppose I'm not putting enough effort in to make it pleasurable, sorry.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years