aa graphics Automobilista help!

i have attached a pic of the problem i'm having i have enabled aa threw nvidia control panel and inspector but even at 8 times i'm getting bad jaggies mainly on the wheel in game, looks 10x worse when moving any help appreciated as you can probably tell i'm new to automobilista

Hi RasmusP have followed your video and patched .dlls then placed in game root folder, shimmering now reduced by 90 % Thank You.

Your screenshots are not showing.
Glad it helped! Awesome :)
Screenshot thing: RD doesn't allow such big images but to see something like LOD bias changes, you need the file size.
So I upload them on Dropbox but for some strange reason the embedding doesn't work for smartphones. On PCs they are all there.

Is my guess correct that you aren't on a windows PC? :)

This fixed my GTR2 that looked awful after I changed from AMD to Nvidia (Still love my 1080TI though ;))
Thanx RasmusP :)
No prob :)

Little rant about the clamp option:
everywhere you read that you should set it to "clamp" and that it would be important because Anisotropic Filtering works the best with it... And then you find out that it's actually broken since a few years :rolleyes:

How do you see improvements with flickering in still images?
You clearly don't, absolutely right! I would do a video but Youtube has a too low bitrate for that.

What you can see is that there are less jaggies on the images, so it's likely to have less flickering too :)

I like that you asked this, cause I always hate the anti-aliasing comparisons in gaming tests with standing still images and when you launch the game your self your eyes are bleeding :laugh:

Someone claimed earlier in the thread that after upgrading to the Windows 10 Fall Update, NVIDIA AA (as set in the AMS Config AA presets) stopped working. Anyone else that has updated can share his experience ?

You clearly don't, absolutely right! I would do a video but Youtube has a too low bitrate for that.

What you can see is that there are less jaggies on the images, so it's likely to have less flickering too :)

I like that you asked this, cause I always hate the anti-aliasing comparisons in gaming tests with standing still images and when you launch the game your self your eyes are bleeding :laugh:

The ISI engine that AMS uses and that started with rFactor is especially sensitive to crawling, shimmering and flickering. Super sampling or SGSS has been the only way to get rid of it over the years. Screen shots can look very nice, but then horrible when you are in your car and moving in the game. But you know that already!

The ISI engine that AMS uses and that started with rFactor is especially sensitive to crawling, shimmering and flickering. Super sampling or SGSS has been the only way to get rid of it over the years. Screen shots can look very nice, but then horrible when you are in your car and moving in the game. But you know that already!
Yep! And both Screenshots are already with 8x msaa + 4x sgssaa so you only compare the maximum of AA with lod clamp or non-clamp.
If we were talking about msaa vs sgssaa I wouldn't dare to just post standing still images :p

Someone claimed earlier in the thread that after upgrading to the Windows 10 Fall Update, NVIDIA AA (as set in the AMS Config AA presets) stopped working. Anyone else that has updated can share his experience ?

Answering my own question. Took the plunge and updated Windows 10 and it indeed broke NVIDIA AA in AMS. AMS Config NVIDIA preset AA settings have no effect anymore and forcing AA via the NVIDIA Control Panel for AMS.exe does not work anymore as well. So for now until a solution is found, if you want to play AMS without eye cancer, do not update to the Fall Creators Update.

Don't have this track and only run AMS every now and then so I can't check it quickly, sorry.
But for all DX9 games there is the solution of SGSSAA (what you seem to already run?) and if that's not enough you can bring the LOD BIAS CLAMP back even on newer GPUs.
What GPU do you have?

Anyway: if you need some help with it just ask, I'll give you a short instruction.

Download this:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...idia-drivers-patcher-tools-x86-x64-guzz.7083/

and this test programm:
AF Tester

Now you have two patcher executables for 32bit and 64bit.

Now put these two nvidia files (you need to do this everytime the driver updates!!!):
C:\Windows\System32\nvd3dumx.dll
and
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvd3dum.dll

in the same folder as the patcher executables and run both.

To test if they work: put both (if you aren't sure if it's 32 or 64bit) patched DLLs, it doesn't hurt to have both in the destination folder!, next to the D3DAFTester executable and run it.
If you now take the LOD Bias slider below 0, nothing should happen!

If it works put the patched DLLs next to your AMS executable and you now have a clamped LOD bias, which will reduce flickering! It will also make far ways things a bit blurrier, but I prefer it!

Only works for DX9 and yeah, written explanations are always a pain...
Here is a soundless video of it :)

And here are Screenshots of the CLAMP setting. It's not much but overall it reduces flickering quite well!
Clamp: left, Default: right
D_JQTzcERdy8znoVcURN8A3On9Ydg9e92znpFC-9kzs

Brn8Fbn2K-S8N5gf4BsC4QwH1rF99JCjauo2RKb_sXc

Clamp
ZSOnI_v1JkAkf7t_zeVIY1zygg34EPJfZ2_37ksrUUQ

I strongly recommend that people do not do this. There is no reason to have people go around hacking their drivers files when we offer a built in solution by editing the following lines to this in your PLR file. In fact we may just add a Texture Sharpening option to the in game menu, to stop this type of advice full stop.

Mipmap Adjust Mode="1" // 0 = Disabled, 1 = Clamp, 2 = Bias
Mipmap Bias="0.00000"

I strongly recommend that people do not do this. There is no reason to have people go around hacking their drivers files when we offer a built in solution by editing the following lines to this in your PLR file. In fact we may just add a Texture Sharpening option to the in game menu, to stop this type of advice full stop.
Okay... I officially declare my love to your studios! :inlove:
I didn't thought that there really is someone on this planet anymore that cares about this and provides a built in solution :confused:
Of course that's better! I'll edit my post accordingly.

Nonetheless: my way works for all Dx9 or earlier games, do you mind giving them all a little slap to get them to fix their things? :p

EDIT: tested it and it's perfect. The fences are a bit blurred like with the driver "patch" but the buildings still have their textures. Thanks Alex! :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 279 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 191 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.5%
  • < 5 years