Server name: RACEDEPT.COM A1GP
Mod: A1GP 2008/09 v1.0
Track: XXXXX

EUROPEAN TIME ZONE
18:00 GMT: Practice
18:20 GMT: Qualifying (4 X 10 Minutes)
19:00 GMT: Warm-up
19:05 GMT: Sprint Race (1 X 20 Minutes)
19:30 GMT: Feature Race (1 X 50 Minutes)

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Qualifying
Qualifying will be run to the unique A1GP 2008/09 rules. There will be 4 ten-minute sessions. The first two sessions will determine the starting grid for the sprint race, and the last two sessions will determine the grid for the feature race. This is an aggregate qualifying format - in other words, the times from the two sessions are added together.
This may be shortened to two qualifying sessions (one for each race) if the above layout is impractical.

The track GDBs will be modified so that you only have one flying lap in each session (just like in real life). They will be placed in a folder called A1GPRD in your Locations folder, so they do not conflict with existing tracks.

Race
The first race will be a 20-minute Sprint race with a rolling start (maybe with a formation lap depending on what the members want). The 50-minute Feature Race will have a standing start (maybe with a formation lap depending on what the members want), and it will have a mandatory pit stop. You will have to pit at least once during the race because the single tyre compound will not last the full race distance. :)

Notes
  • Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
  • Licensed Members are encouraged to share images, videos and race reports in this thread.
  • If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
Signup List
To signup simply press the button below!

Signups For: DDth MMMMMM YYYY - A1GP 2008/09 @ XXXX - ## places.

<signup/signout buttons>

Here is a look at how the mod is progressing:
http://www.virtualr.net/a1gp-20082009-for-rfactor-previews/

I think this would be a great addition to the RD club schedule. I'm proposing a Saturday date so that we do not have to sacrifice one of the other mods (which are all brilliant). All of the cars are truly equal (not just an "LE" mod) and each driver may have the opportunity to race for his/her nation, which is why we loved the A1GP concept in the first place. The SP1 release will expand the number of nations available.
With my internet speeds, I will only be able to host a game with up to 8 cars before lag starts to appear (according to a guy at F1Classic) so it will have to be run on the RD servers, so this will need the approval of the RD staff.

So - who's interested? Don't worry about the times, they can be changed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%