A1GP 2010

Kyle Puttifer

@Simberia
This is something I have been secretly working on for a while. :D
It contains all of the teams from the 2008-09 season, updated for the Virgin VR-01 shape.
Team Korea is missing ATM as I have found someone who can do the skin for me (a much more experienced painter).
I won't be doing Team Lebanon or Team Indonesia, but I may include some bonus teams, such as Austria, which was displayed.
Speaking of bonus teams, it includes 2 F1 teams, in a different category to the A1 cars so you can choose whether or not to include these cars in the race.
Using categories, you can choose whether to have a grid of 19 cars (one from each team) or the full grid of 32 cars (all drivers with some teams having more than 1 driver).

Feel free to share your thoughts.
This will be the first public A1GP mod (the 2005 mod was a leak). A1GP doesn't exist anymore, so they can't have a go at me. I could also say that I am promoting interest in the revival of the series after it folded during the recession.

Car - F1RFT Virgin VR-01
Sounds - emerico
Physics - sompir
Car skins - Me
Tyre skins - Me

Here are a few videos:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=41C50F6B81A69C42

Feel free to share your thoughts.
This will be the first public A1GP mod (the 2005 mod was a leak). A1GP doesn't exist anymore, so they can't have a go at me. I could also say that I am promoting interest in the revival of the series after it folded during the recession.

And here are screenshots of every car finished so far.

Great Britain - Danny Watts
2mwfihe.png

Australia - John Martin
t96wec.png

Brazil - Felipe Guimaraes
vi2u6e.png

South Africa - Adrian Kaugg
j8paw3.png

Switzerland - Neel Jani
14chbuh.png

France - Nicolas Prost
2igzqd1.png

Monaco - Clivio Piccione
2i7l7ig.png

USA - Charlie Kimball
330cljq.png

India - Narain Karthikeyan
2r7ua0k.png

Germany - Michael Ammermuller
5502dt.png

Italy - Tonio Liuzzi
nqbug.png

Malaysia - Fairuz Fauzy
2vtuq9e.png

China - Ho-Pin Tung
2a7h7nr.png

New Zealand - Earl Bamber
e02644.png

Portugal - Filipe Albuquerque
312vlhl.png

Netherlands - Robert Doornbos
avrdxe.png

Mexico - Salvador Duran
dfj5lc.png

Ireland - Adam Carroll
mku6iu.png

Russia - Mikail Aleshin
20r5xz4.png

Canada - Sean McIntosh
2s85hxj.png

Greece - Giorgios Katsinis
20a3uxe.png

Austria - Christian Klien
2w55yfb.png

Denmark - Tom Kristensen
302xqo1.png

Sweden - Carl Rydquist
2z9io9w.png

Finland - Valtteri Bottas
280kwi9.png

Poland - Kuba Giermaziak
23k7qki.png

Croatia - Marin Colak
2mcv90o.png

Belgium - Jerome d'Ambrosio
332cm10.png

I will add more cars to this list as I finish them.

If you want a country featured in this mod, just tell me it's name and a famous driver from that country.

Release date - not sure, I'm looking at getting WCP's tyre change script implemented.

I have just seen some of the video's you have made. I would have to say that they rev way to high and there speed is to high also the car sounds all wrong.

I don't mean to sound rude but it just looks like you have reskined an f1 car tbo bud Nice skins by the way

Yes I know it did. but there is no point in doing a mod when it is just skins. Why not just other the skins to people alot less work and more people would download them.

If you want help to make it more like A1GP I am more then happy to help you :)

Well I do have the powerboost function, and hopefully the tyre change script, but what other stuff are you talking about? Physics?
I agree when you say it is too much like F1, especially as this was one of the lower formulae.
BTW Denmark added.

New feature:
Choose between Soft Dry (Super Soft and Medium) and Hard Dry (Soft and Hard) in the upgrades section. Every dry compound has it's own characteristics, but the super soft is slightly different.
s3oyvr.png

@Mods
Can someone rename the thread to A1GP 2010 WIP, as I think the current title is slightly misleading. Thanks.
@FlashQld
This is just a development TBC file, the two tyre sets (soft and hard) each have their own TBC file, this is just so Car Stat has all of the tyres in one place.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%