A Working Nordschleife 1975?

Greetings - I've lately been driving on the Nordschleife 1975 v1.0 for track by motorfx . Great track, but it has some issues. Namely, at Karussell and the other banked corner the cars sink into the concrete banking. You have to stay high on the asphalt to complete a lap, and the AI try the banking every time and bog down. I've also tried the Nords70GTL track, which equally looks good but has issues. I can't get the cars out of the pit garages, as they too sink into the concrete and bog down. Found that track on another forum, but know little else about it.

Has anyone got a early or mid 70's version of the Nordschleife with no issues? I would love to find a version of this track I can actually race on!

Which car mod are you using on it?
I just ran 1971 f1 car round Karussell it was ok.
GRAB_000.jpg
This is the best version, there is an earlier one called 70's Nordschleife, but this was considered a beta. but it does work, just not so nice looking.

Jon, I've used it with the '75 F1 mod and the '71 F1 with the same result. It's a bit odd, as a time or two the car has driven through one of the two banked curves, but the vast majority of the time at entry and in mid curve, or even exit the car sinks right onto the surface.

In the '75 mod last evening I went right around Ronnie Peterson's Lotus at Kleines Karussell with the front end sunk halfway up the wheels and the AI gunning the engine trying to get out! I have yet to have the AI complete a practice time to compare myself to because of these glitches.

The other track I mentioned was a convert from the GPL version I think. it looks good, but apparently being able to get on the track in it depends on your pit position. The only car I've managed to get on track was the Lotus in the '71 mod, and there was a AI pile up in front of the exit to my pit stall that had to clear first. In the other pit stalls on this track the sinking into the concrete issue keeps one from even exiting.

I'll try to get a screenshot if I can and post it here...

Ran some laps again this evening. The first two screenshots are from the pits on the 70's Nords track that I believe is the GPL conversion. They show the liquid concrete in the pit stalls and the AI cars pushing the Lotus out of the way as the Lotus actually starts outside of its stall:
AF1QipOaPbOJJuAQleeLqi6mg59iCtHH1akeF7dkwGGV
(and pointing in the wrong direction)
70's Nords Pits1.jpg
70's Nords Pits1.jpg
70 Nords Pits.jpg

The last image is from the '75 Nordschleife track by Motofx, at Karussel again:
75 Nordscleife motofx.jpg

Any ideas how to correct this? I have the 70 Nordschleife version without the guard rails around the circuit, and as far as I know it works correctly, but I hate leaving these tracks to collect dust if they can somehow be fixed so that the concrete is dealt in the sim as being solid....

Have you tried the version i uploaded, i think their maybe some versions around, that have been messed about with. see if the 70's version i uploaded is the same, you are using? :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%