A wall is causing RBR to crash

The project can be downloaded here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/nmd1tv

I am working with BTB 0.6.0.7
The project can be opened and exported for RBR without problems.

But if the Wall1 is present in the project, RBR crashes while loading the track.
The log file (temp subdirectory inside RX_CONTENT directory) shows no error info

End part of the log.txt file:
(...
RXTRACK::LoadEvents ...
RXTRACK::LoadSpawn ...
RXTRACK::LoadDriveLine ...
RXTRACK::ready ...
)

If Wall1 is deleted, the track can be played in RBR, so the problem is probably this wall.

If a delete nodes from the wall, keeping only the first 256 ones, there is also no problem to play the track, but if I keep the first 512 ones, the problem is there, so may be the problem is a specific node (or nodes) of the wall.

I have lost a lot of time searchig for a solution. Any hint will be really appreciated.

I think the wall is too big for one mesh.

Your wall stretches the for half the track, then doubles back again making it very long.

It can be quickly fixed by adding a Surface to the middle point of the wall and have it Set Materials.

But it would be better, performance-wise to break this one long wall into 10 or so walls so that the LOD system will help frame rates by not rendering the enitre thing all the time.

I think the wall is too big for one mesh.

Your wall stretches the for half the track, then doubles back again making it very long.

It can be quickly fixed by adding a Surface to the middle point of the wall and have it Set Materials.

But it would be better, performance-wise to break this one long wall into 10 or so walls so that the LOD system will help frame rates by not rendering the enitre thing all the time.

Thanks for your time, Brendon. I am really grateful.
I will break the wall in smaller pieces and I will post here if it works.
It is nonsense for me, as the second wall is bigger (more nodes). May be is a matter of rendering, as the second one is invisible.

Thanks a lot :)

Problem "solved"

I splitted the wall into 50 small walls, as Brendon suggested.
And the problem was still there.
I tried removing the walls one by one and test, and after removing the 11th wall the track could be played. The problem was at the wall that made a "U" at the start of the track. I splitted it in two pieces (one on each side of the road) and the problem has disappeared. I don't understand why but I can go on working on the track.

Thanks Brendon :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years