F1 2010 A suggestion regarding setups forum section

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
hey guys,

I just have a suggestion for the admins regarding the setups section.

We all know that car handling differs greatly depending on whether we are racing in Time Trial, career or GP mode. Career and GP it all depends on the sim settings (fuel/tires).

The setup section is a great idea, and I've often looked there for inspiration on tracks where I felt I was struggling a bit to find a good setup. However most of the setups posted there cater to timetrial, which with it's 'arcadey' gameplay makes them usually quite unsuitable for eg online races.

1-1 wings, alignment maxed out to the left. While indeed very fast in TT, it's not a 'real' setup imo.

Wouldn't it be better to create two forum subsections for setups: TT and GP mode. Gp mode sims should be activated to be considered a valid setup.

Now all setups for tracks are sort of mixed up together in the threads, and it's near impossible to compare times, TT is easily 2-3 secs faster/lap than GP.

I'd even go as for to suggest a 'Pro setup section': for online/GP/career mode, all sims on, no assists. (as traction/brake pression is affected by various setup tweaks but negated when using abs and TCs)

thx for a great site!

thx fahad, that's exactly what i'm looking for. Sadly not a lot of setups on there yet. Site needs some publicity :p
I'll upload some of my non-TTsetups there to help others, hope more people will post there.

Still I think it'd get much more participation if this was an official RD forum section dedicated to career/GP mode setups :)

@steve, people can add in their setup if it was for TT or GP. Making yet another section will add a lot of troubles for us:
- thousands of backlinks are killed
- more sections, means more reading, more work for the mods.

Also setups are not the holy grail. A decent TT setup will also work for the career and on other cars. Only need to adjust the wing and gear ratios. Setups wont speed you up with 2 to 3 seconds per lap :)

Maybe for 2011 we can do it different from the start by adding some kind of database.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.4%