A sneak peek of McLaren's first sportscar - the 570S Coupé

07_mclaren570s_nylaunch.jpg

Britian's leading supercar manufacturer, McLaren, have given a small preview of their first addition to the Sports Series line.

The 570S Coupé will be globally revealed in New York on April 1st, but here's what we know now: it's powered by a 562 horsepower V8, has two seats, carbon fibre construction and this neat flying buttress design, "to optimise aerodynamics and increase downforce."

Although the only thing we see in the photo is the buttress, between this and the video released during the Geneva Motor Show we can be pretty sure this thing is going to be a pretty awesome sportscar with true McLaren style.

I like McLaren but it seems they don't have much originality when it comes to new models. This car looks like a scaled down P1. Is it really that hard to come up with a new design for a new model?

Well they've done the P1, the mini P1 (570S) and the half front of a P1 with the MP4-12C's ass (650S). Soon enough we'll get the S056 that has the MP4-12C's front end and the P1 ass. They're trying all combinations possible for better efficiency. Maybe they'll release a car that is a P1 to the right and a F1 to the left? (or other combinations like P1-MP4-12C, 650S-570S).
McLaren... Creativity at its best.

Welp, this is all I have to say about this godawful thing - :speechless::sick:

The headlights are ginormous in relation to its face, makes its front wheels look ridiculously tiny in contrast... the side vents are just comically small and look tacky... don't even get me started on the godawful shrek ear style side mirrors. Every single thing about this car is just badly proportioned. Whoever is working at the styling department of McLaren should walk a few steps away from this disgusting thing and take a solid look at the piggy little thing that he created. And this is coming from a hardcore McLaren fan. -.-

No wonder they only showed off that flying buttress part because that is the only single thing that can be called as a "new" visual feature on this car.

EDIT - Mmh, seems the autocar pic thing is not the real one so my rant is a failed one... still I have very little hopes of it looking any good. xD

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing