A small petition for Anniversary Patch 9.7

As far as I know, GTR2 is available in... nine languages?

Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Czech and Polish.

(The game is not fully translated to Russian as far as I know).

About the Hud collection... could be available in Czech and Polish languages in that patch?

Kind regards and thanks for your attention,
Cristian

As said Shovas, I have nothing against adding new languages, in fact I opened a thread at old nogrip many years ago to ask people to do translations but nobody was interested in.
Bjarne/Guimengo have updated portuguese, arthur/alex have updated russian, and I have updated french.
I think most people use WWE including me as I regularly make fresh installs to test stuff and I often forget to apply my own language patch :D

Everything is managed by I don't remember what in GTR2 :roflmao:
But all words are in a Game.dic ( to open with notepad ) and all translations may be done there:
at the left: original language ( english )
at the right: the language in which you translated

This looks like that ( only a few words as there are a lot more afterwards.
Above ... you may see the language abreviation ... "FRE" in this case as french is my native language.

// Languages (used for initial lobby selection)
"NEWS_LANGUAGE" = "FRE"

// New Game.dic entries

"NEXT SESSION:" = "SESSION SUIVANTE:"

"GAMES" = "PARTIE"
"CUSTOM" = "PERSONNALISÉ"
"ENDURANCE RACE LENGTH" = "DUREE COURSE ENDURANCE"
"FULL" = "COMPLET"
"Lost connection with the Host" = "Connexion à l'hôte perdue"
"Enable Collisions" = "Activer les collisions"
"Rainfall" = "Pluie"
"Tire Wear" = "Usure Pneux"
"Difficulty" = "Difficulte"
"LAP" = "TR"
"LAPS" = "TRS"
"Time Trial started" = "Début du contre-la-montre"
"Automatic Clutch:" = "EMBR. AUTO:"
"Please Wait..." = "Patientez..."
"MAXIMUM PLAYERS" = "JOUERS MAX"
"Uploading TimeTrial..." = "Transmettre..."
"Starting server..." = "Démarre le serveur..."
"Loading..." = "Chargement..."

Words are well in 2 perfect columns but I didn't reproduce them here. ;)

The right game.dic file with your own language can surely be chosen in an "optional language choice".
This file is placed in GTR2\UIData

Font type, images and backgrounds will be managed by the game.

NB: this is maybe here not GTR233's translation, surely a translation done before.

Last edited:
Everything is managed by I don't remember what in GTR2 :roflmao:
But all words are in a Game.dic ( to open with notepad ) and all translations may be done there:
at the left: original language ( english )
at the right: the language in which you translated

This looks like that ( only a few words as there are a lot more afterwards.
Above ... you may see the language abreviation ... "FRE" in this case as french is my native language.

Words are well in 2 perfect columns but I didn't reproduce them here. ;)

The right game.dic file with your own language can surely be chosen in an "optional language choice".
This file is placed in GTR2\UIData

Font type, images and backgrounds will be managed by the game.

NB: this is maybe here not GTR233's translation, surely a translation done before.

The language of the game is there, but not the language of the hud.

Changing the game.dic doesn't do any effect in Motechud.dds file AFAIK.

Sorry ... I thought at first it was part of this game.dic ... but I had a look at the dds and changing the names has to be done manually in the dds itself.

Just know or find the right ( or anyway a very similar one ) font .. should be enough to easily change some necessary words keeping the same look.... or choose another font in a more modern style might not be a bad idea either. ;)

Sorry ... I thought at first it was part of this game.dic ... but I had a look at the dds and changing the names has to be done manually in the dds itself.

Just know or find the right ( or anyway a very similar one ) font .. should be enough to easily change some necessary words keeping the same look.... or choose another font in a more modern style might not be a bad idea either. ;)

Maybe GTR233 could have the answer for the fonts used on each hud.

What is your language ?
I have made hud for english, italian, spanish, german, russian, portuguese and french. Any other languages will need full game.dic translation as Jempy said and not only hud.

What is your language ?
I have made hud for english, italian, spanish, german, russian, portuguese and french. Any other languages will need full game.dic translation as Jempy said and not only hud.

I will send you Czech and Polish game.dic files.

I hope you like them and find both useful!
(Edit: I have deleted the link)

I'm from Spain, but I have polish friends in F1 Challenge. Besides... why not to make GTR2 more complete? I just hope that anyone find worthy to add more languages if it is possible.

One last question: is there any game.dic file with Russian language? I haven't got it.

Last edited:
Ok I have checked your both files and there are several problems which need to be pointed out :
- when you post files of which you are not the author you need to quote source/author and eventually ask for permission if written authorization is required, otherwise you will get many troubles here.
--> czech dictionary : source/author unknown ???
--> polish dictionary : copyright by simracing.pl so you need to ask them permission to use/modify this file

- Second point is that I use a modified DucFreak's NEW UI so there are 50 more lines to translate otherwise they will remain in english.
--> tell your czech/polish friends to come here and help me to translate these extra lines

Ok I have checked your both files and there are several problems which need to be pointed out :
- when you post files of which you are not the author you need to quote source/author and eventually ask for permission if written authorization is required, otherwise you will get many troubles here.
--> czech dictionary : source/author unknown ???
--> polish dictionary : copyright by simracing.pl so you need to ask them permission to use/modify this file

- Second point is that I use a modified DucFreak's NEW UI so there are 50 more lines to translate otherwise they will remain in english.
--> tell your czech/polish friends to come here and help me to translate these extra lines

Alright. I will quit the link inmediately. I'm sorry.

Czech dictionary: yeah, I don't know who the author is.
Polish dictionary: alright. I will go now.

I downloaded both files from a multilanguage GTR2 install, with no credits to anyone.

When I have an answer from simracing.pl, I will tell you.

Last edited:
Here is the answer I have received.

Nueva imagen de mapa de bits.png

GTR233, what are your thoughts?

Zenon has given permission so it is ok for me :)

So here are the both dic files in Czech/Polish, I have added the extra lines which need to be translated at the beginning : ask your friends to write the translation on the RIGHT column.

Zenon has given permission so it is ok for me :)

So here are the both dic files in Czech/Polish, I have added the extra lines which need to be translated at the beginning : ask your friends to write the translation on the RIGHT column.

Alright!

Here they are:

Partial translations by Skandre (Polish) and Petr Nidecky (Czech).

Attachments

• Game.dic.CZ.txt
    181.7 KB · Views: 602
  • Game.dic.PO.txt
    149.2 KB · Views: 318
I did not check the dic yet so when I read "partial" I understood only half lines translated, but if they have completed the ENGLISH=ENGLISH lines at the beginning then it is ok :)
Well, in fact there are many other files to translate : all the TXT so lot of work !!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.5%