A series of educational videos

Hey there guys!

@Bram Hengeveld mentioned in another topic, that with Assetto Corsa and Steam collab. there might be a lot of newcomers to the Simracing scene and the content of educational movies is lacking in that term, or at least not specified to Assetto Corsa. I've been thinking about starting a series of educational movies, walking through the basics of the game and simracing in general through setups and driving techniques.

My question is, do you think there is a "market" for these videos? How off-putting my Hungarian accent would be in those videos? Is it actually helping if you threw some of these videos onto the hand of unexperienced newcomers?

Hey there guys!

@Bram Hengeveld mentioned in another topic, that with Assetto Corsa and Steam collab. there might be a lot of newcomers to the Simracing scene and the content of educational movies is lacking in that term, or at least not specified to Assetto Corsa. I've been thinking about starting a series of educational movies, walking through the basics of the game and simracing in general through setups and driving techniques.

My question is, do you think there is a "market" for these videos? How off-putting my Hungarian accent would be in those videos? Is it actually helping if you threw some of these videos onto the hand of unexperienced newcomers?
I'd watch them

It sounds great...but it also depends on how experiencesd the author is. For example, if Morgan morand was giving tips everyone would listen...but if it was me, I wouldn't count my chickens lol
I'm in the Simracing scene for 11 years now, since the release of Live for Speed and been around in top-teams for years now in that sim. Same goes for drifting. I guess that's enough knowledge to get a few newcomers started :)

I've been into it for years but only recently started getting everything together to get serious. More videos and instructions would be great. I think sim racing is one of the best hobbies and would love for more people to become as enthused as us.

Exactly, every single tutorial video is useful unless shows wrong information etc. The question is what kind of videos you want to show. Once I wanted to create such videos but it's time-consuming and I was alone. If you need help, contact me and we could discuss it.

Great idea, look forward to seeing these...
Do you guys follow any routine or pattern when a new game or mod comes out?

When I get a new sim, I go to an easy looking track (Laguna Seca is my favorite if the game has it) and then run each car at least 3 laps (with AI) & write down lap times & random notes like FUN factor!

Here are the vids referenced above + 1 more...

Skip Barber Going Faster

The Drift Bible

KBB Races a Mazda Miata - Part 1: Skip Barber Race School

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back