A robust foldable seat? Next Level GT Lite or....?

Hi :)

I'm planning in a bit more dedicated simrig, i.e. a sim seat which has to be foldable.
The purpose is to have a flexible solution in my office room, I.e. after each sim drive I would have to fold it and hide it away.

I got teased by the Next Level Racing F-GT Lite and was about to confirm my order - but then my thoughts went again "how robust is this seat really?"
I'm ca. 95-100 kg body weith for the time being, but really using my body under driving. Which suits my current setup with large 200kgs solid hight-adjustable office table and 2 x 500Nm strap attached office chair.

Next Level's approach here just looks so...fragile...to me. Though a bit less fragile than the Playseat Challenge.
Or should I have no concerns here?

Last edited:
I bought a Playseat Challenge 24 months ago, initially for use with a CSL Elite. That boys pimping is nothing on mine, I have a DD2, pedals, shifter, handbrake, button box , small monitor and 4 transducers on mine now! It's meant to be temporary but the DD2 has been on it for a year. Ive had to do a bit of work to minimise flex and risk of collapse, the rear of the wheel deck is triangulated to the uprights and I have added ratchet straps over the existing, structural velcro armrests. But it works like a trooper, i'm in less of a hurry to replace it now, although I still plan to when I have more time. It's foldability is compromised now but it can still be folded to an extent and shuffled into a cupboard when required. BTW I'm 195cm, 90kg - no issues.

Upvote 0
I bought a Playseat Challenge 24 months ago, initially for use with a CSL Elite. That boys pimping is nothing on mine, I have a DD2, pedals, shifter, handbrake, button box , small monitor and 4 transducers on mine now! It's meant to be temporary but the DD2 has been on it for a year. Ive had to do a bit of work to minimise flex and risk of collapse, the rear of the wheel deck is triangulated to the uprights and I have added ratchet straps over the existing, structural velcro armrests. But it works like a trooper, i'm in less of a hurry to replace it now, although I still plan to when I have more time. It's foldability is compromised now but it can still be folded to an extent and shuffled into a cupboard when required. BTW I'm 195cm, 90kg - no issues.
I have experience with DD1 mounted to playseat challenge. With a DD on it, I feel bass shaker is not necessary at all. The whole seat becomes a tactile feedback instrument

Upvote 0
Splendid.
I already have that "crappy eBay phone holder", so that's a start :D
The playseat challenge really is great value and actually quite comfortable. If you like DIY many people have made their mods to the seat, adding accessory mounts and adding structural reinforcement parts. If you have 3D printer there are quite a few designs on thingiverse that fits the playseat challenge. Good stuff.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all your valuable response, gentlemen.
In that case I have no worries at all :)
I have plenty of solid rackets to add as a backup safety, if necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ended up with Next Level Racing F-GT Lite. Amazing find for very reasonable prizings.
Indeel both very solid and flexible. In fact so flexible that it can fit for both a full grown man and my 5 yo daugther and her friend.
The number of DOF's are plenty between 'F' and 'GT' positions, and Next Level don't even highlight this possibibility.
Must say I'm very satisfied.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 63 6.8%