A random idea concerning Garry's Mod

I love to play Garry's Mod for the Half-Life games. If you're not familiar with it, it's basically a sandbox-type mod where you can manipulate the physics of the Source engine, spawning props and ragdolls and putting them together as you please.
I was playing around with it one day when I had an idea. There are many addon maps you can play around on available on the net, and one guy has made the TT Circuit Assen as a downloadable map (it's not mindblowing - the track's very narrow and short, and not very detailed, but it's a fun map to play). This got me thinking about going one step further, and putting a detailed, interactive representation of a real life racetrack into Garry's Mod. It could be an accurate rendering of the track and its surrounding environment, with interactive buildings that you could explore and paths with which you could walk to any part of the circuit. Of course, you could also create cars out of random objects and race them around the track itself...

Just a random pipe dream of mine... I thought I'd just put it out there and see what people thought. :)

That would be epic! Imagine with Source Engine, online buggy (Gordon Freeman's (Half Life's starring ) great offroad car ) racing. And a detailed paddock, you can even play deathmatch in a Circuit paddock lol! :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back