A Race to Remember for SimRacers

2018 Formula One German Gran Prix

You'll probably say, "wrong thread, Neil!". I know right? It's F1 and it's not simracing. Of course not. It's not about Lewis, Sebastian or F1. But sim racers, particularly rain enthusiasts should remember this real life race because of the weather. Portions of the track were wet and the rest dry, and only for the latter part of the race. So I thought this should probably go to ACC sub forum because of it's new rain feature.

I'm not a programmer and I don't know how proper simulation works, in real life race simulators and sim racing titles. And I know I may be asking too much if I want such random, unpredictable weather simulation in a racing title. But what if? Will you be shocked? or satisfied? If in a random simracing weekend in ACC or any other title this thing happened to you? Surely I will be amazed! I hope someday I can race in a race like that, that should catch everybody napping and hustle to the pits for full on wet tyres. I'm looking at you Toro Rosso! :roflmao:

I would love to see this in every racing title. I'm not holding my breath though. But I will keep an eye for this! A race in half wet, half dry Nordschleife for 2 hours will definitely make my day! Cheers all! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back