RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I'm so looking forward to Poznan ;)

No practice & no setup up until today, I tried to get on early but a phone call got in between, so when I finally joined in, I quickly loaded up an old Falkenberg setup and it worked out fairly alright - Nelson and Reggie were clearly faster, but that was to be expected ;)

After qualifying in P3, I had a nice start, but still lost a position through T1 - quickly regained it, though, and while Nelson and Reggie slowly pulled away, I kinda lost concentration with each lap. Two or three small offs later, I was in the middle of nowhere, driving home in P3.

Another alright-y start into race #2 got me hanging onto Reggie Snr and Dennis, and after nice, short battles with both of them, I was back in third, with Nelson and Reggie miles ahead already. Since repeating R1 like this would've been boring, I then decided to spin my Z4 in order two have two more nice battles!
Back in P3(?) I then went off again, because... well.. anyways, got by Reggie Snr through the last turn, once more, but Dennis had already claimed the last spot on the podium.

Thanks for racing, see you (maybe) tomorrow!

For sure,Poznan will be more fun than this week. Maybe the Mini's can take the bite out of this track?

Having made a skin for the Cupra I did stick with it. I guess it was a good choice, I'm as fast in it as in a BMW but it did give me a lot of grief in setup today.

I opted out of quali to make sure the dogs would be OK during the racing. Small grid and no real loss.

R1: In all the sessions today I had been working the car setup and thought I should leave it at the last iteration for this race. Bad choice, it was like trying to fence with a jousting pole. A spin lost me lots of time. In the end I could drive the car but it was a demon task.

R2: Back to yesterdays setup and the front row. Always short lived, but given a repreive when Reggie tapped Nelson and had to wait. Bjorn a real problem but good for me, his car kept coming unglued all through the 10 laps. I should have used this setup in both races!

Hey all.I m in. Greets
brno.png

Last edited:
Not a fan of the track really. Plus I have to spend some time with Swift Syntax; I need to figure out a way to stop her munching tyres in just four laps of the High Speed Ring.

So, sadly, Sash won't be getting an outing this week.

Two great races in one nights event, not too shabby! The fast guys had a good one going and uh, a few of us at the rear had another.

What to do with a track you would rather not drive AND you're slow at?

I would go out and spend a lot of time on track coming up with a car that drove really well for myself. I'd find the pace I could maintain, the fastest I could go and have several ways of driving the same car. I'd also spend time running race simulations so I knew how long each type of pitstop I might opt for took and pick the time to pit as well as become very familiar with pit in. Shhhh, don't tell anyone.

Having done all that I would go into practice with everyone and never really try to go as fast as I could. I certainly wouldn't worry about quali with a small grid.

Luckily the game plan for the race worked out and I got as good a start as everyone. First ensure that the first laps are completed without error, watching the faster guys disappear while driving hard in high gears. At last Damo appears and he leads me out, I'm happy to follow, all the way to my pit stop which works out perfectly and I take a quick two left tires. The car is still handling great as Damo and Snr return, behind me. Careful driving, like a bat out of hell, work to keep me ahead and the car is still handling fantastic at the end of the race even though others have tires in better shape.

It's all really just a way of putting things into an acceptable perspective since I couldn't be at the front in a real contest of speed. :)

I'd like to thank an "reasonable distribution of grip" for a fun race.
Also a thanks to all for attending.

Last edited:
Hello fellow racers,

as you'll have noticed, RD's clubs and leagues will be premium-only come March 1st, a change that has been discussed for quite a long time and that staff was very cautious about - however, it seems like most of our users do indeed understand the issues that have led to this decision, so thanks for that :)

Now, with that policy in place, in order to offer our users their money's worth, all of RD's racing clubs will commence to offer a race every day of the week, should they not already do so.
As some of you will remember, the Race 07 club had reduced its races almost a year ago, going from Mo-Fr to the current schedule. The main reason for this move were very low signup counts for some of the races - sometimes, we ended up with 4 or less drivers.
Now even going for two more races than back then, we'd like to do our best to prevent this from happening, although it's clearly very possible that at least some of the races will have low turnouts considering we simply do not have the user base with a game that old ;)

In order to do so, we'd likely stick with the current schedule regarding Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays so those who wish to not change their participation scheme & rates don't have to worry about anything :)
Apart from that, we've come up with a few ideas we think might be a way of not simply adding more races/cars (which is, of course, still entirely possible), but instead might offer some diversity - however, we'd like to hear your opinions, ideas and input on this first.
Ideas for those events include, but are not limited to:

• re-introduce the second touring car day (for those who've only joined us recently - we used to race touring cars on both Tuesdays and Thursdays)
  • another "fixed" car day for a very popular car - e.g. the IFM, thus introducing the "Master Monday" ;)
  • Mini-Series: racing a specific car/class on one day for 4(?) weeks, recording the points (maybe even using one dropped score?) made, thus creating a casual-non-league sort of thing. This might use the week's track or use its own selection, depending on the theme of the current series, e.g. "long tracks", "endurance", "sprint racing", "short tracks", "scandinavian tracks" and so on...
  • Democracy! We'd like to offer you guys to request track/car combos and race these user-created events on certain days of the week - always dreamt of running Formula RaceRoom at Macau? There you go!
As a result, a sample week (in this case incorporating all of the ideas) might look like this:
  • Monday: IFM @ Brands Hatch (new fixed car)
  • Tuesday: WTCC @ Brands Hatch (unchanged)
  • Wednesday: Caterham Short Track Series #3 of 4 - Nurburgring Mullenbach (mini-series)
  • Thursday: STCC @ Brands Hatch (2nd TC day's back - might as well be Sunday's?)
  • Friday: Minis @ Brands Hatch (unchanged)
  • Saturday: Aussie V8's @ Nordschleife (member requests)
  • Sunday: Radicals @ Brands Hatch (unchanged but moved "random" car of the week - might as well be Thursday's?)
For even more diversity, race lengths could vary, as well - introducing an endurance day, or going way back to one 45 minute race on the 2nd TC day, for example.

As mentioned, we'd appreciate your input and voice on this in order to make this work as good as possible - so, what are you guys thinking? Any other ideas or wishes? :)

Incoming rant regardless premium and future issues:

When the Premium thingy surfaced a few weeks back, to me that was the biggest turn off ever. Now, before you think I am a cheap a-hole, hear me out. If I like/enjoy a service that I use on a daily/weekly basis, I gladly toss my money at that direction. So that's why I have gone premium, to show my support. The rest of the Premium package is nothing that interest me (well, the pit babe thread perhaps, but [insert your favorite search engine here], is your friend ;)) I know it ain't cheap to host servers, and all that. But, It was my way to help out. And I have also applied to be a commentator for a few games as well, since it's seems these kinds of resources are running low atm.

But, when it was decided that even casual club racing are going premium, I just lost interest. Casual is not longer casual. Right now, sure, I can race whenever I want, since my premium extends for a full year. But then what? Why should I be needed to go premium, to maybe race once or twice, on a server, that is mostly using stock content that we all have used for years already. I virtually vomit every week when I see the casual club race scheme. It's the same combos, getting used, in the same cycle. Week in and week out.

My races might also get ruined for different reasons like, game might crash. Drivers might crash me out. One day, I might like a certain combo, just to despise the rest for the whole month. Things may pop up in rel life, preventing me from race at all. That means, I have wasted money on something I won't able to use.

In a way, It doesn't matter if you go premium. Even if it's cheap, on criminal insane level.
You still have the issue of "Buy a pig in a poke " scenario.

(This is just my personal opinion, about the possible new racing schedule)

When I look at the list above, I feel nothing. It's still same content, just in a another package. The Aussie V8's looks interesting, but I would never pay once or twice just to enjoy them for a day or two. And IFM? Popular? In what dimension is that? Every time they have been scheduled to be used, the sign-ups has been fairly low. STCC/WTCC is far more popular in a far more superior way. It would had made more sense to use them more, maybe even in a few unofficial series.

Carterhams, Radicals and Minis are fun to drive maybe once or twice per month. If even that.
I bleed for GT (pro) cars, and would like to see them getting used a lot more.

Also, R07 is old. But that doesn't mean it's dead. GTR2 is also old, but there is constantly new mods coming out to it. I play GTR2 on a daily basis. And recently I found two mods, that were made in 2014, with GT1, GT2 and GT3 cars. That was used during, yeah, you figured it out, In real life motorsport 2013-2014. (if they are legal, and all that, well, thats another discussion for another day. but could be worth to keep the door open for new stuff)

So when numbers are getting low, you need to realize that you need to step it up a notch.
Now, don't get me wrong, going back and going old-school, it's nothing wrong with that.
Under the right circumstances it can be loads of fun. But why not try to reflect what is used in todays IRL motorsport? There tons of mods out there, that is 100% legal, but never get used.

Also, you could as a start, (to see how things evolve) make a poll every week, asking us the community, what cars and tracks we want to use for that particular week. And I am not talking about stock content only. Modded cars is included. Doing it this way, makes the community feel a lot more involved. Maybe this has been done already in the past, and perhaps it wasn't a success back then, but that doesn't mean the idea behind it didn't work. It might had been just that particular time, that it didn't work. There might be other ways to make the community get more involved.

Just look at Skyrim for example. I can't remember exactly when it was released, but around 2010-2011, and the community is bigger than ever. Why? Modding. People are still creating mods for the game. New weapons, armors, quests, landscapes, companions, etc etc. Heck, even games such as Oblivion and Fallout 3 is still strong. All thanks to modding.

As I understand, R07 compete with games such as AC, GSC etc etc, and even that get modded.
So why doesn't R07 use more of this stuff? Modding is the future, and R07, if it want to stay relevant, needs to do the same.

Hey SimRacers,
ich finde es gut dass es den RACE07 Club bei RD gibt.Mit euch gibts schöne und faire Rennen.Würde mich freuen ,wenn ihr die R07 Events schon ab 19:00 GMT startet,dann hat man es morgens früh um 5:00 nicht so schwer.Nun fahre ich auch gerne Assetto Corsa,deshalb ist für mich bei RD immer etwas dabei.Ich fahre seit einigen Jahren R07 und habe auch an Meisterschaften teilgenommen,das treibt die Leute zusätzlich noch an.Es gibt viele Addon Strecken die ihr dazu nehmen könntet.Mir würde mehr Abwechslung in den Serien und Strecken bei euren Events gefallen.Vor allem mehr Addon Strecken.Hier einige Ideen zur Inspiration.
  • WTCC Extreme
  • Formula RaceRoom
  • GT Pro,GT Sport,GT Club
  • WTCC´10
  • Mini One
  • Camaro Cup 2010 (Camaro Gen5)

• Norisring
  • AVUS
  • Hockenheim´99
  • Lausitzring
  • Barcelona GP/Nat.
  • Castle Combe
  • Donington GP/Nat.
  • etc.....

wie geschrieben,das sind nur Vorschläge.Ich habe noch unzählige Strecken (eben gerade nachgeschaut 238 Strecken) für R07 die auch online funktionieren und würde die gerne RaceDepartment zu Verfügung stellen.Alles in allem finde ich es gut was ihr für die RD Community leistet.Macht weiter :thumbsup:

Greets:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for the opportunity to air our view, after reading what
Daniel Linder said ( quite a mouth full to me but it does make sense in a way) As a total new bee to these races ( only 2 months) i do find the races rather useless, we have noting to work to, trying to achieve a ladder of growth. it seems just all long time racer racing and winning events where new comer do not have a chance to compete against.
Since i joined I have tried to participate and be active, However i am loosing interest as a new bee i gain absolute nothing. at one stage struggled to take part in events but could not due to fact that i did not have the game or race installed , referring to WTCC ????.

Now it seems that with the new direction myself and more fellow racer will have to even install more racing games, where does it end ? shortly i will have to renew my membership for a year, and at this stage i have many doubts about it, seems RD is only for the experienced Racers, as i have experienced a lack of help and training, I real have to note that a certain member (Damian) was the only person who took time to monitor me and teach me something about use of track and driving skills,

For what you have in mind is real good , but you are focusing on experienced drivers, they are not the future of success, its the new-bee`s you need to keep interested, Thanks for letting me state my honest opinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline