A poll to test car control!

This is for people with mid range computers:

If you have having a bit of problem with controlling, for example, the Ferrari under a slide, could you please try the following:

1. Turn off v-synch
  2. Set the frame rate limiter to 60
  3. Turn AA and AF all the way down
  4. Turn world detail all the way to minimum

Try the Ferrari again, and please tell me if you feel anything different?

Remember, it's not about how the game looks, I am purely wondering if you feel anything different...

PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU CAN GO, IT IS ABOUT CONTROL!

Last edited:
I did it some time ago. I tried cap 15-cap 30-cap 60-uncapped 100-uncapped 180(low settings). I started having problems with fps capped at 15. In every other situation I managed to make the same exact lap times (m3 gt2 - imola Vallelunga - 1.32.5).

Last edited:
I did some extensive hotlapping at Mugello today in the P4/5 and decided to test with lower settings. At my normal settings (all high, HDR off, only use that for replays) I get around 110-130 fps with triple screens (not rendered seperately). I tried lowering the settings to achieve 250-280fps, and did not go faster.

The laptime was a 1:46.8, default setup at Mugello, super hard tires. That is pretty fast I believe, so at the limit it didnt make much of a difference, if any.

I am quite picky when it comes to fluidity, thats why I go for high fps. I dont understand how people can drive with 50fps though, its super sluggish and vague, but for me its like that in iracing as well.

PS: Kudos to AC, it looks pretty good at lower settings.

I did some extensive hotlapping at Mugello today in the P4/5 and decided to test with lower settings. At my normal settings (all high, HDR off, only use that for replays) I get around 110-130 fps with triple screens (not rendered seperately). I tried lowering the settings to achieve 250-280fps, and did not go faster.

The laptime was a 1:46.8, default setup at Mugello, super hard tires. That is pretty fast I believe, so at the limit it didnt make much of a difference, if any.

I am quite picky when it comes to fluidity, thats why I go for high fps. I dont understand how people can drive with 50fps though, its super sluggish and vague, but for me its like that in iracing as well.

PS: Kudos to AC, it looks pretty good at lower settings.

What GPU are u using?

I have basically no input lag with following settings:

FPS Limit 90(almost constant 89.999FPS ingame)

Setting Maximum frame latency(or something) from 0 to 1(think system/cfg/dx11 file).

But even if you get wheel lag, it's only visual. However it helps if the wheel is synced even if only visually.

I did it some time ago. I tried cap 15-cap 30-cap 60-uncapped 100-uncapped 180(low settings). I started having problems with fps capped at 15. In every other situation I managed to make the same exact lap times (m3 gt2 - imola Vallelunga - 1.32.5).

Are you telling me that Kunos only gives you a mid range computer to race on? :)

Also, I mentioned the Ferrari on purpose, because that thing is a beast that (imo) takes some skill to handle in a slide...

I added a bolded disclaimer to the first post, because both Si3v and stabizisback seems to have missed that I chose my words very deliberately when I created this topic. ;)

For those of us suffering from lag, it is mostly apparent when the car has lost some grip and you are trying to recover. If your recovery causes wild snaps, there might be lag at fault...

my "Race on" is quite different from yours, people. I play to test.
I wanted a mid range pc because I have to model tracks, fine tune car's shaders, test features, ecc to be able to satisfy the majority of the people.

That's really awesome! Kudos to Kunos. :)

Just bad luck for us suffering from lag that your setup apparently still doesn't have it. :(

Did you try every detail on high, and then my settings and just try to slide the Ferrari around a bit instead of going fast? Still not a single difference?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back