A Modern BTCC Game: Will We Ever See it, Do We Want One?

yeah I know, it's taking too long, but it's gonna happen, I promise!
I just need to find a way to cut corners on the cockpit, because that's where I "lose" most of the time

Oh Patrik, that Laguna looks incredible man! Seriously excited by the prospects of your Super Touring content fella, for me it's easily the most highly anticipated thing to hit sim racing (and I include new sims in that statement too). Super Touring gives me the happy shivers big time! The Nissan you made was mega, if these match up to it I'll be a happy boy indeed (for 10 seconds anyway until I then start bugging you to make the rest of the grid :D).

I bet Paul was waiting for me to wade in here HA HA.

License, has been the issue, thus far......it just costs to much money. It's not just TOCA License you need, you need to be allowed to use all the sponsor logos, then you need the Manufac license as well, the list goes on and on, and for a British Series, people don't see this as money well invested, it's as simple as that. I know, as you might have guessed, I have had the discussion with people already, so unless somebody really spends months and months designing every car from scratch, it just isn't going to happen, which is a real shame.

@Patrik Marek they look gorgeous, but like you told me years ago, you won't make the Ford Mondeo as you said, and I quote "You don't like it" :p:D

WTCC is on it's way down hill, due to spiralling costs, so they created a TCR series (simular as the old Super Tourers to the NGTC) it was a way of keeping down costs, as to run a single car in the BTCC, you are talking Hundreds of Thousands, let alone if you run a 2 or even 3 car team and not factory backed, like Motorbase Performance for example.

Now at this point I could do a shameless plug, but I won't, but all I will say is, for AC.....Google is your friend :whistling:
;)

Shaun

Actually thinking again, I wonder if the full licence for the whole support package would be up for grabs?

Just imagine:

BTCC
Ginetta Juniors
Ginetta G55's
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Clio Cup

Mama mia!
That's my hope that who ever gets the rights .. packing out the content with all support races .maybe as 397 said about their efforts to obtain a full series ? As a DLC name the price ... hope rFactor 2(397) or Reiza get it. Perfection in FWD an sim Physics in general.. with the full seasons tracks .. mouth watering.

License, has been the issue, thus far......it just costs to much money. It's not just TOCA License you need, you need to be allowed to use all the sponsor logos, then you need the Manufac license as well, the list goes on and on, and for a British Series, people don't see this as money well invested, it's as simple as that. I know, as you might have guessed, I have had the discussion with people already, so unless somebody really spends months and months designing every car from scratch, it just isn't going to happen, which is a real shame.

@Patrik Marek they look gorgeous, but like you told me years ago, you won't make the Ford Mondeo as you said, and I quote "You don't like it" :p:D

WTCC is on it's way down hill, due to spiralling costs, so they created a TCR series (simular as the old Super Tourers to the NGTC) it was a way of keeping down costs, as to run a single car in the BTCC, you are talking Hundreds of Thousands, let alone if you run a 2 or even 3 car team and not factory backed, like Motorbase Performance for example.

Now at this point I could do a shameless plug, but I won't, but all I will say is, for AC.....Google is your friend :whistling:
;)

Shaun
not me, but maybe someone else will :)

Like many others, I'd have to vote for historic BTCC though, somewhere early to mid 90's.
Or just a full BTC pack .. based around modern with all support races (as another poster said .. Ginetta ect...) an then decades past .. like with Automobilista an there historic versions of tracks an cars .. but a modern version of the current BTC season would be excellent. In my opinion anyway.. imagine the leagues or just online rages .. awesome !!

What gets me is that all the big Sims have given us all kinds of race cars from various years of every discipline you can think of yet none have given us a single super tourer.
Super Tourers were such an amazing form of motorsport yet the SIM companies haven't acknowledged this. Am not talking about a full grid with licensed skin pack but one example with a pcars style skin for instance. Just something with looks and physics' of a super tourer, Reiza have shown us there are ways around licensing.

;)

Shaun
Seems so counter productive (licensing I mean.. pricing out any real enthusiastic fans ) surely it's just another way of promoting the series ? The sim market (over bigger budget arcade type titles / who always have cash to burn .. yet fail to represent in anything other than a shinny trailer with poor game play. ? They can always sell the licensing more than once .. manufacturers seem Willing to do that now? Porsche being an example ..money makes the world go round .. but sports /motor sports included seem to forget the fans make the sport yet their second in consideration to TV rights an licensing ? (Incert choice swear word here )

What gets me is that all the big Sims have given us all kinds of race cars from various years of every discipline you can think of yet none have given us a single super tourer.
Super Tourers were such an amazing form of motorsport yet the SIM companies haven't acknowledged this. Am not talking about a full grid with licensed skin pack but one example with a pcars style skin for instance. Just something with looks and physics' of a super tourer, Reiza have shown us there are ways around licensing.

But where they are based helps, not every rule of licensing operates in every country :unsure:

;)

Shaun

Already have this one, nice work it is too ;) though i never get time to try it out for long!

Just imagine:

BTCC
Ginetta Juniors
Ginetta G55's
Porsche Carrera Cup GB
Clio Cup

I can! Project Cars!!! I took a tin top career path and did Clios, Juniors, GT4 (I did the mustang but could have done the G55), there is a RGT Cup car, but no top level touring car. And I actually think pCars does FWD cars VERY well. They make it VERY fun to race. But then I like Copa Marcas too, and I NEVER thought I could enjoy FWD cars so much.

I don't get why people are so down on modern BTCC, its done what it needs to survive in the modern era and we now have the most manufacturer backed teams in years, even if just a minor involvement, plus smaller teams able to construct their own cars rather than rely on ex works cast offs giving a great variety of models on the (capacity) grids. Sure its not the same but the world has changed and the cost of super touring just wasn't viable for a national series. Manufacturers don't go racing for the same reasons as they did in the 90's either. As for the hatchbacks, well what is wrong with that, a lot less people drive saloons than 20 years ago and there have been plenty of hatchbacks over the history of the BTCC before the super touring days.

As for a game, if it was to happen it would be good if it was done by someone like Reiza with a full championship including rules and all the tracks etc

As others have mentioned we're kind of halfway there with the WTCC and Brazilian touring cars in AMS.

I too loved racing on TOCA2. One of my favourites. I'd certainly badge it as simcade. If you were too aggressive the cars would bite you so with some makes and tracks you did have to be smooth. Especially at places like Thruxton.

I used to do the co-op championship. Sometimes my mate would do well. Sometimes I'd do well, and sometimes we'd battle for the win. Haha. No team orders in our team. Lol

Would certainly love some of the tracks though. Knockhill is tricky to pass on but great fun. Recreating a modern btcc field I would imagine would be a bit of a nightmare licence wise.

that's the thing, even if we get the cars, it will take even longer to get the tracks done so yeah .. probably not much supertoueres in our future

I'm fine with TCR though, and that seems to be getting some attention lately , so maybe there will be some official TCR game in the future :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%