A Modern BTCC Game: Will We Ever See it, Do We Want One?

I would be so happy if i could get 90's era touring cars modded into RF2. With tracks of course! At least 96' 97' but most importantly 98'. I dont need new game for these, but a good platform where to use them. And i personally love RF2. I want them there, plz someone... ;(

most importantly 98'. I dont need new game for these, but a good platform where to use them. And i personally love RF2. I want them there, plz someone... ;(
Check out AndreasFSC Super Touring Reloaded mod for Race 07 here. It's a scratch built mod like Toca 2 and of course all the tracks are available as well.
Tide you over until ???

Check out AndreasFSC Super Touring Reloaded mod for Race 07 here. It's a scratch built mod like Toca 2 and of course all the tracks are available as well.
Tide you over until ???
I actually have those, cars are cool but most of the tracks have lot of problems, AI is just crashing and so. Handling, looks, sounds are really good. Especially 98' coz i have all that included what belongs to Race07 and Evolution, to get the sound's like for S40. But it isn't no where near complete and i blame the tracks. If i remember correctly, i can have ok races only in Thruxton, Donington and maybe Croft and Brands. If racing only in dry weather! And like example Knockhill is badly outdated. I did hope so much to have good Toca Touring "revision" there but i was disappointed. Thats why im hoping with finger's crossed that someone could make these for RF2. I believe those supertourers would be absolutely beauties there when correctly made. With its handling model, superb AI, weather etc. I have been secretly hoping that Andreas or someone could convert his nice creations to RF... Like not long time ago released F1.88' in Steam workshop, with all of the cars, drivers, BUT! Also, with all of that era tracks! Thats my dream...

Yes BTCC from the super touring era (1993 - 2000) was simply incredible in my opinion. I've been around a while and seen a massive amount of motorsport (in person and on tv) and still these cars (the super touring cars of TOCA fame) rank as the very finest motorsports in the world (in my humble opinion anyway). Used to love them and it still brings a tear to my eye when I think that series is no more (HSCC Historics still run a number of the cars in their classic series, which is mega).

As for the NGTC cars of today, I admit I don't like them so much from the trackside as I don't like the noise (both volume and the actual noise itself) and I think they do look (again from trackside) a little less nimble than I believe a touring car should be.

I will say that on TV the racing is pretty spectacular. The actual closeness of the cars, the fights, the variety, the presentation of most of the teams and the mix of FWD and RWD are plenty good enough to bring the series some serious credit.

For me anyway I think it is ripe for a sim game. Just imagine 33 online drivers in all those different cars, at Donington Park, in the light rain with fading light.

Got to go now, I suddenly need a change of underwear..... :roflmao:

I'm racing mainly on RaceRoom and I'd love to see them do btcc as the work they have done with the wtcc and Dtm is spot on and feel they would make a true interpretation of BTCC

I've just been raiding the Duke Video online downloads section. Its very frustrating watching the 90s reviews and not being able to go and give those cars a blast on RRRE or AMS for example. Massive cock tease! I've even been watching the recent BTCC reviews, id love to be able to give those beasts a blast.

Reiza have recently added Donington and Snetterton to Automobilista and it's coming sequel and mentioned something about some British content being announced soon... who knows..

Reiza have recently added Donington and Snetterton to Automobilista and it's coming sequel and mentioned something about some British content being announced soon... who knows..
That was discounted though, I think it'll be a much lower level of British license they acquire - a bit more grass roots/feeder series sort of vibe.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%