A look at ACC in VR on a mid range PC

I decided to do a video to demonstrate how ACC currently runs in VR (oculus) in the early release 0.5 state. This video is a full grid and time cycles through day and night its representative of frame rates and graphics quality in the dry. ASW is on the entire time. Typically I HATE ASW but it seems the unreal engine responds very well to it and I did not have as much tearing, jaggies, or blurring that I experience in other titles with ASW on.

the video is at 1080P so feel free to crank it up on youtube :)

I have a basic PC, Alienware Aurora R7:
i8700
GTX 1070
16gb DDR4 2666 mhz ram

you be the judge...its smooth and playable for me. but the quality, as of now, is well behind AC. I am sure some optimization is coming. Wanted to share for the guys like me who do not have high end PCs. All in all, i really enjoy ACC despite the graphics shortcomings. The time cycle, lighting, physics, tire model, and FFB are looking and feeling very good to me at this point.

Last edited:
I decided to do a video to demonstrate how ACC currently runs in VR (oculus) in the early release 0.5 state. This video is a full grid and time cycles so its representative of frame rates and graphics quality in the dry. ASW is on the entire time. Typically I HATE ASW but it seems the unreal engine responds very well to it and I did not have as much tearing, jaggies, or blurring that I experience in other titles with ASW on.

I have a basic PC, Alienware Aurora R7:
i8700
GTX 2070
16gb DDR4 2666 mhz ram

you be the judge...its smooth and playable for me. but the quality, as of now, is well behind AC. I am sure some optimization is coming. Wanted to share for the guys like me who do not have high end PCs. All in all, i really enjoy ACC despite the graphics shortcomings. The time cycle, lighting, physics, tire model, and FFB are looking and feeling very good to me at this point.

I don't think there is a GTX 2070?

I buy it to try today, i7 3770, 8gb ram, rx570 @1350mhz, on 1360x768 screen

Poor performance even on that resolution and that seems too cartonish to my eyes, i prefer rfactor2 styles graphic over acc, on acc, everything on high on that reso gives me 50ish fps while racing 20 ai 10 visible, on rf2, pp high and everthing full, 41 ai 21 visible on sebring minimum 87 fps

They have a long way to optimize game, i donot believe that they can even optimize the game

Maybe you could change the title to "basic high end PC"?
Feels a little like reading "driving the autobahn in a standard family car" but it's a BMW 550i with 462 horsepower :D
True, it's no m5, no amg and no Audi rs6 but calling it "standard" or anything is a bit... Odd!

Nice thread though. I really do like acc's performance. Cpu wise it's a bit heavy with too many visible ai and the anti aliasing/clarity could be better but the performance is very consistent. Not like other titles where you will have 200 fps in one moment and 40 fps the next :)

Well looking at CPUs for simracing there are the following with a better performance for this kind of games:
- 9900k (only if doesn't throttle down)
- 9600k (same fps, worse overall performance)

So you got the 4th best cpu on the planet for simracing. Everything else with a better overall performance will have lower fps in simracing due to single thread performance.

Graphics card:
- 1080ti
- 2080ti
- vega64
- 2060 basically identical performance

So you have the 6th best gpu available.

Yes, it's not the real high end at the moment but it's better than all "older high-end" and above the current mid-range.

It's just midrange, nothing more, nothing nothing less. GPU counts heavier on the performance scale than the CPU, a i5 would be the fitting 'midrange' option.

Since the i5 and the i7 are the same chips with more or less cores, with HT, you won't see a big difference between those.

It's just midrange, nothing more, nothing nothing less. GPU counts heavier on the performance scale than the CPU, a i5 would be the fitting 'midrange' option.

Since the i5 and the i7 are the same chips with more or less cores, with HT, you won't see a big difference between those.

Definitely not for AC, and if they've taken the same approach with the AI in ACC then ACC is also going to need a monster CPU.

[EDIT] Though, you are correct that core count is not important for gaming, generally. Single core speed is what's important for the CPU for AC/ACC

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing