Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly rFactor 2 events

A little help needed regarding Buttkickers LFE large and amplifier

First of all, this is a great place for finding information about sim racing gear. There is a a lot in this forum in regards to the Buttkickers, and I have a simple question.

I bought a Behringer NX6000D amp to run 2 x Buttkickers LFE's full size in simvibe extension mode. The question is what cables do I need and where should be connected.

In addition, this may not be relavant but it might be worth mentioning that already have configured 4 mini lfe's buttkickers chassis mode. The amp I am using for mini's is Emotiva BasX A500 and It works well.

As for the Behringer nx6000d, it uses different cables for inputs and outputs.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mr Latte

Premium
How did you do? I see where to do it and it is asking 'waiting for input' I try keyboard or wheel and it does nothing?

Yeah with this?

Not something I looked into as I wouldn't need it
Might be to do with (Controls/Events) or (Additional Plugins)
Did you look on the Simhub wiki not sure if it's been covered in detail.

I think one guy was using a cheap (midi controller) binding its controls to the software.

Simhub Edit.JPG

This is mentioned

Last edited:
Yeah with this?

I think one guy was using a cheap (midi controller) binding its controls to the software.

View attachment 438501

This is mentioned
Yes thats the one, I click to configure it and shows 'waiting for input' but does nothing? Probably a bug?

Mr Latte

Premium
No, I think you need to do something with those other controls/plugins.
Go to the Discord, query it with the developer or ask for the Simhub Wiki to be updated on how to do it.

Issue is nothing to do with the topic of this thread...

Last edited:
Yeah with this?

View attachment 438501

This is mentioned
i did it here

Attachments

• toggle mute.png
    toggle mute.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 22
PROBLEM FOUND: Long story short, all this time the noise generated from the large BK's at around 35z -45hz was nothing to do with the amps. In fact, my metal mounting brackets had a tiny flex that were causing (I believe so called a resonant frequency). Just to be sure, I pressed my large BK's with my leg to prevent any flex and bingo! It gave me clean and perfect performance noise free. I was very surprised because the metal brackets are 6mm thick made out of super strong steel that looks impossible to flex or bend. Anyway, I will be cutting a few new aluminium flat plates and will find ways to have the large BK's mounted somehow without having any flex.

I should have checked this earlier but at the same time it was a good thing as I would never learn about certain things as much as I did thanks to Mr. Latte's lengthy information and guide regarding the setup.

In addition, I have created a few amp profiles with a Peak limit 1000W, 1600W and 2000W that may come handy to try out and test once I get things mounted.

Finally I won't go into mounting locations guide because I don't have many choices due to my rig limitations. However I do know were the vibrations feel great and so I will use the same location.

Talk soon, thanks

Mr Latte

Premium
Hard for is to tell of installation issues as I don't think you showed how you mounted the large BK, and how the surface it's attached to is fastened/compressed equally or just more at one end/area?

You did previously say:

"38hz-45hz clunky noise, piston noise you name it. Totally unacceptable, uncomfortable and it is something that you don't want to hear. It doesn't even feel good at all."

As a reference with steel/aluminum, you may get resonance @ 30Hz and @50Hz

Keep in mind tones we output will have neighboring frequencies so it's not going to be an exact science but these come in close to the frequencies you mentioned caused bad noise.

The @40Hz range is also one that is typically output with plenty of energy on most units and because of that a frequency that's used a lot by most transducer owners. As you had high wattage setting, that also may have been a contributing factor to the level of noise being generated by this issue?

If the issue wasn't as bad with lower volume/wattage during your testing? Then to some extent, we can place a dip for the output of the 40Hz so that high energy output is still possible but at some frequencies, we may have to attenuate their output.

When your fix is in place
In frequency tests, note down like you had any further issues with specific frequencies and if lowering the volume reduces the issue or if the issue is still persistent at most volumes.

Last edited: