A Leisurely Drive?

• Deleted member 963434

Project Cars 2 is decent to chill. I like the California Highway and Azure Coast for testing out GT3 cars etc.

PC2 gets a lot of stick in legacy sim communities but in my opinion it is a step up from Forza in terms of realistic cars available and a step up from Assetto Corsa in terms of career mode and a feel good interface.

The problem with Assetto Corsa and Automobilista imo is the menu feels like it is running on Windows 97 and it had less original wheel / display support for my wheel and screen. So yeah, far from leisurely to operate imo.
also has bending tyres, turbo simulation at difrent heights, very realistic stability control systems, is more immersive and better to race there than AC, AC feels boring, it better hotlap simulator than pcars2, but pcars 2 better racer and more cars, more tracks, weather, 24 h day cycles, dynamic road, dirt on track, paddles gettin bigger and bigger when raining etc, better graphics, ffb hard to set up but once set if very realistic and intuitive. i dont get the hate it got, all pcars 2 haters are guilty for what SMS did to series making pcars 3 xD still more players in pcars 2 than pcars 3 there lot of full servers still at weekends but most drive gt3

Also, as a general note, it is good to take advantage of any demos for things like Forza Horizon 4, to try your wheel and PC a few times and see if it works or not, because it is different for everybody.

And with Steam, you can try the likes of Project Cars 2 for an hour or so and then can request refund if it doesn't suit.

BEAMNG.drive!
fit perfect and no mods needed, but there are Spa and nordschleife already available to it. physics imo better even than AC, tyres flex, bend, scrub surface and vibrates as doing so, i like to watch it in slow motion, it can even puncture frrom g forces what i experienced at first turn at nurburgring when i went too fast into downhill corner . there is best of all time crash physics using soft body deformation if you like to crash cars sometimes like fall from the clif.
but most important it fits all you ask it got big freeroam maps like west coast usa, east coast, italy map wit big airport. lots of roads there and recently there was big update to graphics , got 24 hour time, nice scenery big cliffs at nevada map and shiny big sun. got traffic lights and AI traffic with POLICE and you can run from cops when go at red light, but they sometimes head on collision at 100+ km/h xD
it got all you need check youtube videos.
my PC can make 6 AI cars the better CPU the more up to 100 (but its NASA computers i think) but 6 is good i dont even know when they spawn/despawn so you can speed up at highway and avoid traffic and run cops etc or just chill driving. sometimes i put on some music, drink beer smoke cigs and drive in west coast map and run cops when i go too fast and they start pursuit me.
has cocpit view, fov slider.
only minus is physics as better than AC overall its hard to drift not cause ffb but physicks leave too small room to catch slides. also ffb may be too realistic, it not doing much weight transfer but yo have slider 0-20% to make side forces, i prefer at 0% for realism feel on wheel.
another minus is there no licensed cars only fictional based on real, like recently added DODGE DEMON what a beast, but there are lot of mod real cars but sometimes they dont drive good

BEAMNG.drive!
fit perfect and no mods needed, but there are Spa and nordschleife already available to it. physics imo better even than AC, tyres flex, bend, scrub surface and vibrates as doing so, i like to watch it in slow motion, it can even puncture frrom g forces what i experienced at first turn at nurburgring when i went too fast into downhill corner . there is best of all time crash physics using soft body deformation if you like to crash cars sometimes like fall from the clif.
but most important it fits all you ask it got big freeroam maps like west coast usa, east coast, italy map wit big airport. lots of roads there and recently there was big update to graphics , got 24 hour time, nice scenery big cliffs at nevada map and shiny big sun. got traffic lights and AI traffic with POLICE and you can run from cops when go at red light, but they sometimes head on collision at 100+ km/h xD
it got all you need check youtube videos.
my PC can make 6 AI cars the better CPU the more up to 100 (but its NASA computers i think) but 6 is good i dont even know when they spawn/despawn so you can speed up at highway and avoid traffic and run cops etc or just chill driving. sometimes i put on some music, drink beer smoke cigs and drive in west coast map and run cops when i go too fast and they start pursuit me.
has cocpit view, fov slider.
only minus is physics as better than AC overall its hard to drift not cause ffb but physicks leave too small room to catch slides. also ffb may be too realistic, it not doing much weight transfer but yo have slider 0-20% to make side forces, i prefer at 0% for realism feel on wheel.
another minus is there no licensed cars only fictional based on real, like recently added DODGE DEMON what a beast, but there are lot of mod real cars but sometimes they dont drive good
Dario,

OP Here ....Thanks for that BeamNG recommendation! This is exactly what I had in mind when starting this thread! :) I had BeamNG in my Steam library for quite sometime but barely touched it since I couldn't really figure out what to make of it. But now I've done a bit of exploring around its (a bit clunky) UI, and I'm getting familiar with it. I finally have my wheel feeling the way I like it and picked a default car to drive around in. Now it's time to do some exploring!

I still need to experiment with AI cars though, since I'd like to see some traffic once in awhile.

Thanks again!
Bert

• Deleted member 963434

Dario,

OP Here ....Thanks for that BeamNG recommendation! This is exactly what I had in mind when starting this thread! :) I had BeamNG in my Steam library for quite sometime but barely touched it since I couldn't really figure out what to make of it. But now I've done a bit of exploring around its (a bit clunky) UI, and I'm getting familiar with it. I finally have my wheel feeling the way I like it and picked a default car to drive around in. Now it's time to do some exploring!

I still need to experiment with AI cars though, since I'd like to see some traffic once in awhile.

Thanks again!
Bert
AI cars just press escappe and there is wheel at center of screen click AI > traffi > choose only trafic or trafic (police) if want to escape , they chase after braking law
theres setting under gameplay or something to choose how much trafic spawn if auto or want set own number, never set close to 100 or even 20 xD

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back