F1 2019 A have couple of questions about F1 2019

F1 2019 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm looking to buy F1 2019 and I would like to ask couple of questions regarding some things that used to annoy me in previous games when it comes to career mode and AI.

Damp quali bug. When the track is damp and everyone on slicks, I would lose time and grip, but AI would post times like it's bone dry. This was mainly a thing in F1 2017, I think it only happened to me once in F1 2018.

During 50% race distance two stopping front runners would get stuck behind one stopping midfieleders/backmarkers and would snake around the track for ages before overtaking them.

During 25% AI would swarm the pits at the same time as me, so I would get stuck and watch them go by and lose positions. This could be avoided by pitting one lap early/late.

Is AI still as aggressive and sometimes blind? AI in F1 2018 was fun most of the times, but sometimes they would just turn into me like I wasn't there, or be overly aggressive on tight parts of the track, which often resulted in me having broken front wing.

How's the PC performance when it comes to stuttering? Last couple of games I've played on Xbox, but I've seen people complaining about stuttering, even noticed it on Jimmy Broadbent's F1 2018 streams. I plan on buying F1 2019 on PC.

And lastly, how's AI performance in the wet? I somwhat followed the development of F1 2019, I saw there was a patch that made AI much faster in the wet.

I don't have any answers to your questions but I see that no one else does either. Honestly, I liked F1 2019, but it wasn't really any better than 2018 apart from a couple of updated things and it was mainly only worth buying for me to play along with the season.

Personally I find the AI too aggressive and ignorant and there should be an option to change this but there isn't. It is also still a bit inconsistent in areas in my opinion in terms of practice, quali, race, different conditions. However, I just accept this as part of the game and roll with it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back