A Good Sim Racing Combination?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment community... I need your help!

January is here, and frankly I'm worn out and feeling a little bit down in the dumps. Like every year at this time, my enthusiasm for pretty much everything feels a little on the low side, and surprisingly that's filtered into sim racing too.

I'm sure you all know the feeling, when you just can't quite decide what to drive and where, leading to having a general lack of enthusiasm to fire up the gaming rig and go racing.

THIS IS WHY I NEED YOUR HELP!

Dear readers, let us know what your favourite sim / car / track and weather or time of day combination you use to get those sim racing juices flowing, and reignite that passion for all things virtual motorsport!

It can be any game or sim, from any era. All we need in the responses is the car and track (and weather / time of day if you wish) that you like to fire up and drive when you want to really feel the joy of sim racing.

Spread the love folks!

RaceDepartment community... I need your help!

January is here, and frankly I'm worn out and feeling a little bit down in the dumps. Like every year at this time, my enthusiasm for pretty much everything feels a little on the low side, and surprisingly that's filtered into sim racing too.

I'm sure you all know the feeling, when you just can't quite decide what to drive and where, leading to having a general lack of enthusiasm to fire up the gaming rig and go racing.

THIS IS WHY I NEED YOUR HELP!

Dear readers, let us know what your favourite sim / car / track and weather or time of day combination you use to get those sim racing juices flowing, and reignite that passion for all things virtual motorsport!

It can be any game or sim, from any era. All we need in the responses is the car and track (and weather / time of day if you wish) that you like to fire up and drive when you want to really feel the joy of sim racing.

Spread the love folks!
Rfactor 2 - URD Aura PX1 @ Le Mans in VR day to night!! Could do this over and over again!!

Well, for me personally early 90's era F1s around Bridgehampton in rF2 always get me going.
The same 90´s F1 cars - but just in Raceroom instead.:roflmao:
Without (much) bragging I have become an expert in Racerooms 3x FR90xx cars:inlove: - and with Racerooms new more forgiving physics and tire model it is extremely fun to lap on tracks where you can use the drifting(!) potientialities in the new TM.
Until now I have found that one of the best tracks to really slam the car into some high speed "drifting corners" is the Paul Ricard track.
And if you start in the LB mode then the tires are allways at the optimum temperature.:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Yes I know some people laugh of this track because some of the track environments are painted blue. But come on. Dont they have some more intelligent critique?:roflmao::roflmao:

1. Install the 1968 F1 mod that was released on December 15 for Grand Prix Legends
2. Take the Lotus 49 (Gold Leaf) around Spa 67

After a little bit of faffing about, success!

GPL 68.jpg
GPL 1968.jpg

Last edited:
My wetty likes are:
R3E / WTCR / Mid Ohio
R3E / GT3 / Automotodrom Most (I'm Czech guy)
Automobilista / Metalmoro / Jacarepagua
Automobilista / Formula Truck / Goiania
Dirt 1.0 / Ford Fiesta WRC 2010 / River Severn Valley
Dirt 2.0 / Skoda Fabia WRC / River Severn Valley

Now I'm looking at (and for) indie project of self-made man, game's called BEWARE. It has catchy deep atmosphere, running on Unity engine. Tested it for 20 minutes till now, demo is .01 version so patience is needed ;) . Link to some guys testing it out is here:

Other thingies as R3e/Pagani Zonda/Nordschleife; R3E/Aguila/Raceroom Raceway; Automobilista/Stock/Interlagos; or even Wreckfest/classA/whatever I'm not mentioning due to long list of of and experience. Simracing is great and simflying too (hail to DCS!).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%