A fully adjustable budget sim rig for a small room that the wife approves !

Its taken years to arrive at this simple solution so if anyone is interested I hope it helps you out ;)

This is my folding or fold-away yet fully adjustable sim rig that has various real world wheels, quick release, adjustable wheel height, tilt angle and pedal position. I use it with an existing armchair with adjustable height and angle that the shifter simply slots in and out off on either the left or the right side. The whole thing is easy to put away in under a minute and its absolutely rock solid with no flex at all because what needs to be really strong is in metal, a triangle is an extremely rigid form and its bolted to a fixed structure. Also its quite heavy so the mass/weight of it prevents any bounce at all on the leg support.

So its really simple, just a metal triangular/A frame hinged from a solid base, wing nuts for wheel tilt angle, a wooden stepped wedge for wheel height and blocks for pedal positions. The speakers and sheet metal panel block the view of your feet for added immersion (especially in F1) and the fold in the pedal plate is a huge improvement when they are tilted. Thats pretty much it. Above all the room remains a projection room and second bedroom so modest budget no problem, small room no problem, your "other half" no problem plus you create some storage space for all that extra crap. Alls good, just the panelling beneath to tidy up and finish :)

P2160001 (1).jpgP2160002.jpgP2160003.jpgP2160004.jpgP2160005.jpgP2160006.jpg

Pedals, wheels and base:

P2140007.jpgP2160001.jpgP2140014.jpgP2140015.jpgP2140016.jpg

Last edited:
If you want any specifics don't hesitate to ask, like I said it took me years to come up with this solution, you don't have to lose your time too.

If you've got a similar or better solution to the same problems please share some photos !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool idea! Had a front projection setup myself incl. wheel stand. Not nearly as elaborate as yours, mind you.
I solved my problem a little differnetly. Got my wife to agree to accept a full rig and am now on a P1-X. :D ;)

Upvote 0
Wow thats not solving the problem, thats problem deleted, well played ! ;)
Hahaha...you're right. I think with the wheelstand around for some years she kind of adapted to the idea of me simracing. She says "at least I know where you are and you're not doing something stupid". Not sure if she is for real or not. Hahaha. ;)

Upvote 0
The rig is now updated for F1 with a folded sheet steel support for the wheelbase to give the necessary leg clearance. The pedals bolt to the rear frame and it works a treat costing just 20 bucks and half a days work :)

P2240006.jpgP2280007.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%