A fix for thunder with rain GTR Evo / RACE 07

• Andrew Evans

i've just re-tested this and it's still fine - but you have cut the thunder sound out and i still don't fully understand why.... the previous fix worked fine also and kept the thunder in... can you be any more clearer about the reasons?

(i actually don't care about the thunder - i'm just glad we can run in the hard rain with no problems, but just curious since i'll have to replace the old version on the download server)

I tested the old ones and loved the thunder sound with absolutely no stutter ... I have since put these ones in too (from original link), but have not tested them.
Will be sad if there is no actual thunder, as that was groovy :D

• Andrew Evans

yup the new files remove the thunder sound completely... but no-one can explain clearly why - other than there was a "problem" with the old fix....

i've just re-tested this and it's still fine - but you have cut the thunder sound out and i still don't fully understand why.... the previous fix worked fine also and kept the thunder in... can you be any more clearer about the reasons?

(i actually don't care about the thunder - i'm just glad we can run in the hard rain with no problems, but just curious since i'll have to replace the old version on the download server)

Roby spoke in his forum about thunder when there is sun ...

• Andrew Evans

hmmm, ok... well i ran for a coupla days with the original fix and never heard thunder in the sun.... :(

But when weather is set to "changeable", sometimes this does happen without any of the patches ... then slowly the weather and sky changes and the rain comes.

Had it at Brno without these files ... maybe its not an error with the files, maybe its just the way the game is programmed and they didn't wait around long enough for the rain (or there was not enough time in the session for the rain to fall?).

EDIT: Does anyone have the original thunder files fix pack, I would like to put them back in and try em again, but didn't save the update file locally and its been updated now (Andrew, you must have it somewhere ... emailyemail :D)

• Andrew Evans

no - the original game files are huge - like 5mb wavs.... the original fix shrunk them to < 1mb... the new fix removes the sound completely....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%