A few questions on my first rig setup!

Hi guys, long term lurker based in the UK. I would very much like to get into simracing (casual) and have done some research. My budget is probably under £5000. I have settled on the following which is by no means set in stone:

Valve Index VR​
Simlabs P1-X with rubber feet (sitting on a 1.5inch thick judo mat)​
Sparco grid q bucket seat​
Fanatec DD1 wheel base + GT3 wheel ??DD mount​
Fanatec shifter​
Fanatec clubsport V3​
Buttkicker advance x2 (EM - mono pedals + seat) + ?which amp (I would probably like to update to "2+2 buttkicker advance in CM)​
+/- simrig sr1 or Pt-actuators​

Few questions for all of you who have experience with any of the above:

1) Would adjustable feet be better than rubber feet for the P1-X to reduce transferred noise/vibrations and increase tactile feedback?

2) Which amp should I go for, considering I'd possibly like to update to 2+2 (CM) setup using simvibe sometime in the future?

3) How can I best mount the seat to the frame to reduce transference of tactile feedback?

4) Would any of you recommend the sr1 or pt-3dof actuators? I've had a look at sfx-100 what this seems like a DIY job which i probably think may be beyond my depth (and i don't own a 3d printer)

5) For those of you in the UK, would you know where I can grab buttkicker advances as the one store that seems to sell it has been OOS for a long time? Are there any equivalent alternatives out there which work well with simvibe? I know people use 4x mini-lfe buttkickers, but i am not sure if the quantity would trump the quality of 2x buttkicker advances?

I am thankful for any input and wish you all good health during these difficult times!

Kenzo

Last edited:
What's the attraction of a DD1 over e.g. an Accuforce 2?
Hey bud, thanks for your question. I guess it is because fanatec is more noob friendly and easier to set up? I am not too sure as I haven't read much about accuforce pro V2, but know it has a stepper motor, which is still great but not as good as the DD1?
I would preferably like to have a plug + play setup and I understand that you need to do a lot of fiddling with simvibe software in order to get the most out of AF2? I understand that the fanatec is more consumer based with regular firmware updates etc. I guess I would be open to other wheelbases if they are as easy to setup, as good if not better than fanatec and similarly priced.

Honestly, the best place to buy tactile in the UK is the US; parts-express.com
prices are so much better in the US than in the UK, from my searching

Cheers, thanks a lot for this bud, I will look into it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 315 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years