Team ORSM

I'm pretty sure we can do the sprint tyres as a different compound, so it should be possible to choose them in the setup and pitstops. The main problem is that rFactor only allows one texture for the lot, so we can have as many different compounds as we want, but they'll all look the same.

Hi Guys

To know what the community would like in our Mod, we need your feedback and to see your expectations.

This is a wishlist, and not an inclusions guarantee, but I am sure there will be a lot of your suggestions already in production in the background.

Please add to the list, and never know... We might even build a new Mod in the future based on your suggestions.

Not sure if it has been raised or if they actually exist (if they do then please disreguard) but it would be great to see:

1. A proper sized Pit crew in the teams colours that actually work on the car.

2. The real safety/course car from the V8 series.

3. rub marks on the panels from tyre marks and the compulsory paint swapping that occurs.

4. Crowds that wave the odd ford or holden flag or two.

5. An improved/new aussie engineer voice that provides input over the radio to you.

6. V8 Brutes series? Pretty sure this has already been raised though..

7. Some V8 Aussie grid girls on track, and

8. bits of rubber (marbles) that build up off the racing line of the track.

Thanks again for the great work so far, looking forward to 2010.

Purdz_V8.

Fujitsu series (currently getting ready to skin for 2010 series based on the 2006 mod)

Sounds, make a bit more realistic taken from onboard footage, e.g make HRT sound like a HRT commodore same for JDR, and the Fords, SBR FPR etc

nothin extra i have seen some screen shot of osrm 07-08 mod on r factor central just wondering if that has be scraped for 2009 season to come through the 07 08 cars look great id love to race them.

Too much work has gone into the 2007 and 2008 seasons for those to be scrapped. They will be released but for now our focus is the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

Just wondering if it is at all possible to put movie clips running on a loop in the background of the menu/ UI screen. For example running a small clip off a V8 Supercars' Highlights DVD in the background. And also for an intro video to the actual game before it loads the legal screens.

I've seen something similar in the APCC mod that uses footage from the actual game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

Purdz_V8

Probably a very obvious one that you may well have been working on anyway, but, updating to the new models rather than putting current skins on the old 2006 models.

Further to Warrens question (maybe even to get some screenies... lol). There have been many shots of the VE, so I know its coming. Can I expect to defect back to the Ford camp, with a pristine FG?

Sure is.. You just need to convert the video to a BIK file, and make some minor adjustments to a few of the file names.

Depending on which video in the Mod you want to adjust will depend on the file that is overwritten or renamed.

there are some tools you can download from BINK that will allow the conversion.

If you had 2 selectable compounds in race/testing and 2 "Appearance Only" Textures that could be selected in Upgrades I think that would make a nice compromise that people would understand given the limitations of the rF1 platform.

Effectively, we could have a selectable sprint or Control tyre sidewall in the upgrades, as I think we should also be able to make the car select the right tyre type as part of that process.. But when you get into the garage, they can be changed, and the tyres won't be.

But really....Are you gunna be looking at someones tyres when you are racing them?? Probably not a large consideration.

I think the ability to choose the Sprints / Wets / Controls is more important than stressing about a sidewall don't you..

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 367 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%